Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Am iready?70-306

Am iready?70-306

Microsoft assessment test score 70%
After not having time to study for 4 months I re-read
Gunderloy book and got about 70% of the chapter questions
right and a 85% of the final exam in the back.

In most cases this would tell me I am barely ready,
however I hear that the real exams are even easier then
their own assessment tests and I felt the assessment test
was a little easier then some of the braindump exams I
have taken.

I think I be ready.

(p.s. some of the assessment questions lacked full
information making one question with clearly two possible
answers depending on if you wanted to access by name or
index. The other questions assumed the methods you wanted
to create was outside of the base class which they didn't
specify.that kind of stuff angers me.)

matt

i think MS Assessment is somewhat more difficult than
real exam, so you should not be worry about to fail the
exam.
Be careful to read each question clearly.

GoodLuck

Yes you are:

LOTS OF VALUABLE AND USEFUL INFORMATION - FYI & FAQ

Microsoft Learning Exam Guides - Listed by Title:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...epare/examresu
lts.aspx?orderby=Title . Certification exams typically
cost $125 US. If it is necessary to retake a certification
exam you can "Get a Free second shot" at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/.
You can retake exams but a 14 days waiting period is
applicable. Do not take more than one exam on the same
day. This is a recipe for failure. The sequence you take
exams in is not important. Set the sequence that is best
for you. It will benefit you to lightly peruse all manuals
you may have related to your certification efforts to get
the bigger picture but when you are preparing for an exam
focus on material specific to the exam. During each exam
be careful to read each question clearly.

You can view all Microsoft Certifications at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...ifications.asp .
From this location you will get the necessary information
you need to plan and do your training.

What ever else you do, I encourage you to use Microsoft's
Press training material. After all this is their product,
who better to supply training material? You can view
Microsoft Press books at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/product.asp. Most
Microsoft press books can be acquired for less at
http://www.amazon.com , http://www.ebay.com or any other
auction site.

You can find online training using virtual PCs. Details
here at https://www.microsoftelearning.com/

Great Exam Preps. - Microsoft Skills Assessments are FREE.

These assessments are like mini certification tests. You
can take as many assessments as you need or want to and
there is no cost. You can find these Assessments at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/as...nt/default.asp.
If you need help, you can also find excellent free
detailed Q&A support for these assessments at:
http://disnetinc.com/SASI_TODAY.htm and
http://disnetinc.com/FAQ.htm .

These assessments are maintained by Microsoft to insure
they are current with today's technologies. Industry uses
these assessments to measure your skill sets, so
completing them successfully is in your best interest.
Certified Professionals are also being asked by industry
to complete these assessments to verify their credentials
are current. Don't wait until you are asked, stay ahead of
the curve. Do the necessary assessment now. At your
discretion, Microsoft records and password protects your
results, which are then available via the internet for
you to present to your colleagues and industry.

MORE LINKS:

A great place to look for support from some of the best
technical community leaders is Microsoft's MVPs at
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/. You can Find a
Community for a Microsoft Product or Technology at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx.

You can View New and Upcoming Exams at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...status/new.asp

You can find Simulations in MCP exams at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/.
As of March 1, 2005 only exams 70-290 "Managing and
Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment. "
and 70-291 "Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure."
have simulated items.

You can find excellent .NET code samples at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/dow...amples/default.
aspx , http://gotdotnet.com/community/usersamples/ and
http://aspalliance.com

OTHER FREE TRAINING COURSES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AS ZIP FILES
FROM Microsoft E-Learning
Microsoft E-Learning Course Catalog - Some Courses are
Free at:
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/c...fault.aspx#exc
hangeServer
Microsoft E-Learning > FREE > Office >
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/c...fault.aspx#off
ice
Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE TRAINING COURSES >
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx
Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE OFFICE 2003 DEMOS >
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010804491033.aspx

CONCLUSION:
Focus on positive feedback from your friends, colleagues
and newsgroups. Do your own research via the internet. Use
your own best judgement in deciding what you should or
should not use for your chosen study plans and material.

GoodLuck