Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > which is better....

which is better....

deeku

hi all,
am new to this news group. am VB 6 programmer and want to
swith to .net. can any body tell me the which is the
better option for me to change from visual basic. note
that i have more than 4 year exp. in this field as
programmer.

ekhor

hi
i believe you want to know which is better between c# and
vb.net. To be honest i think the two are the same. some
people say c# but i have very strong reservations to
that. for all the outcry vb.net is easier to learn for a
newbie and that i guess implies productivity. i do
programm with both languages (even c++ which i truly
LOVE) but hey for most applications vb.net excellent.

cheers
ekhor (MCAD)

You can take one of the core exams as an elective as long
as its in the opposite language and platform as your core
exam. For example, VB.net on windows, C# on Web apps, XML
test = MCAD.

As far as which language is in demand I think it really
depends on the industry you will be programming. Having
said that, Microsoft is pushing C# not because it's
better or easier (functionally are exactly the same) but
because the hard core programming talent in the world
programs in C syntax.

Arn0s

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:049601c55a4a$0a9824f0
$(E-Mail Removed):

> You can take one of the core exams as an elective as long
> as its in the opposite language and platform as your core
> exam. For example, VB.net on windows, C# on Web apps, XML
> test = MCAD.

NOT necessarily in the opposite language

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

Amit Kalani's books do say this, but it is corrected in the errata...

http://www.techcontent.com/TG70315Errata.htm
http://www.techcontent.com/TG70316Errata.htm

Opposite technology yes (web/windows), opposite language no.

--
remove pam etc