Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > how long to prepare

how long to prepare

diana

hi,

i'm about to start preparing for 70-305. i'm using
que/gunderloy's book. on average how long did it take you
guys to prepare for the exam, in terms of weeks/months...

also, did becoming MCAD, improve your chances in the job
market?

thx...

an unemployed IT gal...

Claus Konrad

Diana,

You would definately have to work with the stuff as well. It is rarely
enough to just read 2 books or the like; you need to have it "under your
nails".

I took the web exam (70-315, the C# edition) after having worked intensively
with webapps for 3 months. This made me well aware of all the minor details
that needs to be present in your head at the exam. It's a closed book exam!

The jobmarket: I'm not unemployed, but it for sure is a good thing to have
on your CV!

Kind Regards,
Claus Konrad
[MCAD.NET, C#]

"diana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:075401c55108$e18c6570$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
>
> i'm about to start preparing for 70-305. i'm using
> que/gunderloy's book. on average how long did it take you
> guys to prepare for the exam, in terms of weeks/months...
>
> also, did becoming MCAD, improve your chances in the job
> market?
>
> thx...
>
> an unemployed IT gal...

Sean

I have heard that the market for real software people is very strong compared
to ALL jobs. I believe this becuase this stuff just easy and the cert
programs are not a joke. The only thing is some employers (guessing smaller
firms) have no clue the real value of knowedge these certs show.

"Claus Konrad" wrote:

> Diana,
>
> You would definately have to work with the stuff as well. It is rarely
> enough to just read 2 books or the like; you need to have it "under your
> nails".
>
> I took the web exam (70-315, the C# edition) after having worked intensively
> with webapps for 3 months. This made me well aware of all the minor details
> that needs to be present in your head at the exam. It's a closed book exam!
>
> The jobmarket: I'm not unemployed, but it for sure is a good thing to have
> on your CV!
>
> Kind Regards,
> Claus Konrad
> [MCAD.NET, C#]
>

> "diana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:075401c55108$e18c6570$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi,
> >
> > i'm about to start preparing for 70-305. i'm using
> > que/gunderloy's book. on average how long did it take you
> > guys to prepare for the exam, in terms of weeks/months...
> >
> > also, did becoming MCAD, improve your chances in the job
> > market?
> >
> > thx...
> >
> > an unemployed IT gal...

EggHead

I think if you have no exp, the cert will not help you at all.
I have more certs than anyone else in our class, but I am the last one to
get hire
On the other hand, if you have exp, it will move your resume almost to the
top
The jobmarket is crazy. It depends on who you know, not what you know.

Anyway, if you are working with the stuff, I think one month is enough for
the exam.

Egghead

"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have heard that the market for real software people is very strong
>compared
> to ALL jobs. I believe this becuase this stuff just easy and the cert
> programs are not a joke. The only thing is some employers (guessing
> smaller
> firms) have no clue the real value of knowedge these certs show.
>
> "Claus Konrad" wrote:
>
>> Diana,
>>
>> You would definately have to work with the stuff as well. It is rarely
>> enough to just read 2 books or the like; you need to have it "under your
>> nails".
>>
>> I took the web exam (70-315, the C# edition) after having worked
>> intensively
>> with webapps for 3 months. This made me well aware of all the minor
>> details
>> that needs to be present in your head at the exam. It's a closed book
>> exam!
>>
>> The jobmarket: I'm not unemployed, but it for sure is a good thing to
>> have
>> on your CV!
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Claus Konrad
>> [MCAD.NET, C#]
>>

>> "diana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:075401c55108$e18c6570$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > i'm about to start preparing for 70-305. i'm using
>> > que/gunderloy's book. on average how long did it take you
>> > guys to prepare for the exam, in terms of weeks/months...
>> >
>> > also, did becoming MCAD, improve your chances in the job
>> > market?
>> >
>> > thx...
>> >
>> > an unemployed IT gal...

Ken

I'm currently programming with VB6. How could I improve my
web development experience? Do I create some project for
myself to complete?

Thanks,
Ken