Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Guidence

Guidence

Swapnil

Hi All!

I want to go for microsoft certificatiion! currently i m
working on Visula basic and .Net platform with SQL server2K

But i don't know exam procedure and online free resources
and etc. I gone through Microsoft site documentation.
but i thin i need to discuss with someone!

Regards,
Swapnil

GoodLuck

I know this will address most of your questions.

LOTS OF VALUABLE AND USEFUL INFORMATION - FYI & FAQ

Great Exam Preps. - Microsoft Skills Assessments are FREE.

These assessments are like mini certification tests. You
can take as many assessments as you need or want to and
there is no cost. You can find these Assessments at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/as...nt/default.asp.
If you need help, you can also find excellent free
detailed Q&A support for these assessments at
http://disnetinc.com/. ALSO SEE FAQ AT:
http://disnetinc.com/FAQ.htm

These assessments are maintained by Microsoft to insure
they are current with today's technologies. Industry uses
these assessments to measure your skill sets, so
completing them successfully is in your best interest.
Certified Professionals are also being asked by industry
to complete these assessments to verify their credentials
are current. Don't wait until you are asked, stay ahead of
the curve. Do the necessary assessment now. At your
discretion, Microsoft records and password protects your
results, which are then available via the internet for
you to present to your colleagues and industry.

OTHER INVALUABLE RESEARCH INFORMATION

Remember, if it is necessary to retake a certification
exam you can "Get a Free second shot" at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/. Do
not take more than one exam on the same day. This is a
recipe for failure. The sequence you take exams in is not
important. Set the sequence that is best for you. It will
benefit you to lightly peruse all manuals you may have
related to your certification efforts to get the bigger
picture but when you are preparing for an exam focus on
material specific to the exam.

You can view all Microsoft Certifications at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...ifications.asp .
From this location you will get the necessary information
you need to plan and do your training.

What ever else you do, I encourage you to use Microsoft's
Press training material. After all this is their product,
who better to supply training material? You can view
Microsoft Press books at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/product.asp. Most
Microsoft press books can be acquired for less at
http://www.ebay.com or any other auction site.

You can find online training using virtual PCs. Details
here at https://www.microsoftelearning.com/

A great place to look for support from some of the best
technical community leaders is Microsoft's MVPs at
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/. You can Find a
Community for a Microsoft Product or Technology at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx.

You can View New and Upcoming Exams at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...status/new.asp

You can find Simulations in MCP exams at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/.

You can find code samples at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/dow...amples/default.
aspx and http://gotdotnet.com/community/usersamples/

OTHER FREE TRAINING COURSES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AS ZIP FILES
FROM Microsoft E-Learning
Microsoft E-Learning Course Catalog - Some Courses are
Free at:
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/c...fault.aspx#exc
hangeServer
Microsoft E-Learning > FREE > Office >
https://www.microsoftelearning.com/c...fault.aspx#off
ice
Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE TRAINING COURSES >
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx
Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE OFFICE 2003 DEMOS >
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010804491033.aspx

OTHER DATED FREE TRAINING COURSES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AS ZIP
FILES FROM: http://www.hotcert.biz/
70-175 > Designing and Implementing Distributed
Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0. >
http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-175.zip
70-176 > Designing and Implementing Desktop Applications
with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0. >
http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-176.zip
70-214 > Implementing and Administering Security in a
Microsoft Windows 2000 Network. >
http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-214.zip
70-217 > Implementing and Administering a Microsoft
Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure.
http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-217.zip
70-218 > Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network
Environment. > http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-218.zip
70-219 > Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory
Services Infrastructure. > http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-
219.zip
70-220 > Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows 2000
Network. http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-220.zip

We trust this information will be of value to you in your
chosen profession.

Swapnil

Hi!
Thanks!
Information is really useful and valuable!
I read it!
What i want to know more is , what are Free resources
available to prepare for MCAD.

..

>You can View New and Upcoming Exams at
>http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...status/new.asp
>
>You can find Simulations in MCP exams at
>http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/.
>
>You can find code samples at
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/dow...amples/default

..
>aspx and http://gotdotnet.com/community/usersamples/
>
>OTHER FREE TRAINING COURSES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AS ZIP FILES
>FROM Microsoft E-Learning
>Microsoft E-Learning Course Catalog - Some Courses are
>Free at:
>https://www.microsoftelearning.com/c...efault.aspx#ex

>hangeServer
>Microsoft E-Learning > FREE > Office >
>https://www.microsoftelearning.com/c...efault.aspx#of

>ice
>Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE TRAINING COURSES >
>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx
>Microsoft > FREE > Office > BROWSE OFFICE 2003 DEMOS >
>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010804491033.aspx
>
>OTHER DATED FREE TRAINING COURSES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AS ZIP
>FILES FROM: http://www.hotcert.biz/
>70-175 > Designing and Implementing Distributed
>Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0. >
>http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-175.zip
>70-176 > Designing and Implementing Desktop Applications
>with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0. >
>http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-176.zip
>70-214 > Implementing and Administering Security in a
>Microsoft Windows 2000 Network. >
>http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-214.zip
>70-217 > Implementing and Administering a Microsoft
>Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure.
>http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-217.zip
>70-218 > Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network
>Environment. > http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-218.zip
>70-219 > Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory
>Services Infrastructure. > http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-
>219.zip
>70-220 > Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows 2000
>Network. http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-220.zip
>
>We trust this information will be of value to you in your
>chosen profession.

GoodLuck

Hi Swapnil

To do your actual studying for MCAD is not free. You can
minimize expenses by following these suggestions:

You can view all Microsoft Certifications at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...ifications.asp .
From this location you will get the necessary information
you need to plan and do your training.

What ever else you do, I encourage you to use Microsoft's
Press training material. After all this is their product,
who better to supply training material? You can view
Microsoft Press books at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/product.asp.
Most Microsoft press books can be acquired for less at
http://www.ebay.com or any other auction site.

All previous resources identified as "Free" refer to
support material which can help you verify that you are
learning and retaining your study material. Some of this
material is discourage by purists but most find
these "mini certification tests" very useful in testing of
understanding and comprehension of complex questions. It
has been stated repeatedly that doing well on Microsoft
Skills Assessments "mini certification tests" is a sure
sign you are ready to tackle your actual certifications.

Again GoodLuck

http://www.hotcert.biz/pdf/070-