Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > asp.net C# payflowlink post and capturing silent post

asp.net C# payflowlink post and capturing silent post

khawar

my application is in asp.net using C#
hi guys having a complicated problem
i am using payflowlink to process CC payments
I have to send a httppost to their servers. The problem
is how do i do a post where i get these values like the
amount from the database.
eg of the post:
<form method="post"
action="https://payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm">
<input type="hidden" name="name" value="john adams">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="12.00">
<input type="submit" value="buy">
</form>
i want the user to hit purchase now button
(asp:ImageButton onClick="purchase_clicked")
and when the the purchase_clicked function is run the
function should get the price from database and then send
the post automatically without the user having to click
anymore buttons)
(i know how to get the price from database, but how do i
do a post from that function. any help would be
appricated thans)

Problem 2:
Secondly once the transaction in completed the result is
sent back to my website from verisign (owner of
payflowlink) in a silent post. How would i capture the
name/value pairs string they sent in the silent post in
asp.net C#.
any code samples would be greatly appriciated
thanks alot
any question please call me 718-909-2244
my name is khawar

vMike

Other may have better answers (I am looking for one too), but it sounds a
lot like Paypal. For paypal I build a querystring instead a form post. I
don't know if payflow work the same but it may be worth a try. ( I hide the
query string from the user using a window.status)

For you second question you will need to look into webrequest and
webresponse. You need a page to 'listen' for a post and then process.
Usually this means sending a response back to their servers acknowedging
that the information is valid, then you can use the information from the
post to update your database.

"khawar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:058c01c39d91$5d70acf0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> my application is in asp.net using C#
> hi guys having a complicated problem
> i am using payflowlink to process CC payments
> I have to send a httppost to their servers. The problem
> is how do i do a post where i get these values like the
> amount from the database.
> eg of the post:
> <form method="post"
> action="https://payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm">
> <input type="hidden" name="name" value="john adams">
> <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="12.00">
> <input type="submit" value="buy">
> </form>
> i want the user to hit purchase now button
> (asp:ImageButton onClick="purchase_clicked")
> and when the the purchase_clicked function is run the
> function should get the price from database and then send
> the post automatically without the user having to click
> anymore buttons)
> (i know how to get the price from database, but how do i
> do a post from that function. any help would be
> appricated thans)
>
> Problem 2:
> Secondly once the transaction in completed the result is
> sent back to my website from verisign (owner of
> payflowlink) in a silent post. How would i capture the
> name/value pairs string they sent in the silent post in
> asp.net C#.
> any code samples would be greatly appriciated
> thanks alot
> any question please call me 718-909-2244
> my name is khawar

vMike

Here is a good discussion of webresponse and webrequest

http://west-wind.com/presentations/d...WebRequest.htm

news:bnmk4f$5cu$(E-Mail Removed)...