Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > C# v.s. VB.NET

C# v.s. VB.NET

Ken

Currently it looks like there are more C# jobs than there
are VB.NET jobs. So is it more advisable to take C# MCAD
instead of it's VB.Net counterpart.

I've background in VB6. Should I take VB.NET ? Is it
easier for me?

Please advise.
Ken

C#IsBetter

C# is treated with higher regard than VB and you are
better rewarded financially. If you know both you will
have more opportunities for work.

EggHead

Actually, it is not 100% truth.
I C VB.net jobs more than C# jobs once in a while
I would said it is easy for you to do VB.net. You should pick it up in no
time when you are not doing OOP.
On the other hand, I think you should do C# rather than VB.net.
After you master C# and .net framework, you should have no problem to do
VB.net coding or go over VB.net codes since you know classic VB and OOP
already. However, if you only know vb.net and .net framework, you will find
that it is not easy to do C# stuff.

Egghead

"C#IsBetter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0f3a01c54720$7b055600$(E-Mail Removed)...
> C# is treated with higher regard than VB and you are
> better rewarded financially. If you know both you will
> have more opportunities for work.

geoff_orr@hotmail.com

Ken

Only my opinion but I would do my certification in VB.Net
and then learn C# which should not be difficult once you
are certified. I use C# because it is more familiar.

Geoff

Do both!
You can take the windows app test and the web apps test
as long as you pick opposite languages.
So I plan to take VB.Net for windows apps and C# for web
apps.

There is not a huge difference between programing for
windows or programming for ASP in my view.