Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > c# or vb.net? need help

c# or vb.net? need help

Thakkar

Hi all,

Those who have already cleared exams, Congratulations.
Those who have not yet appeared for exams, Best of Luck!

Can anyone suggest me which language should i choose to
give MCAD exams and whether i should go for Desktop or
Web application?

choice 1: C# with web development
Xml services
SQL server
choice 2: vb with windows developement
Xml services
SQL server
I would really appreciate if anyone can provide me
suggestions with respect to job market demand.

Thank You in advance,
Thakkar

Iván

Definately I would choose number one.
If you have to study in any case because you don't know any of the
languages, I think it is better to study C#. Visual Basic is, in my
opininon, a language created for people that where not programmers, and it
has been being updated to match day to day requirements. C# is much more
similar to the rest programming languages, so you will have a wider vision
(I think)
If we talk about Windows or web development, I choose option one also. Web
development is more "standard" to the eyes of the clients your application
could support. You could have UNIX, LINUX, Mac clients...

Anyway, it depends if you need this or that thing to make a decision,
because if you need to develop a Windows application or you already knew
Visual Basic, then my opinion would be worthless in your case.

Iván.

"Thakkar" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:006001c528cd$10396210$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Those who have already cleared exams, Congratulations.
> Those who have not yet appeared for exams, Best of Luck!
>
> Can anyone suggest me which language should i choose to
> give MCAD exams and whether i should go for Desktop or
> Web application?
>
> choice 1: C# with web development
> Xml services
> SQL server
> choice 2: vb with windows developement
> Xml services
> SQL server
> I would really appreciate if anyone can provide me
> suggestions with respect to job market demand.
>
> Thank You in advance,
> Thakkar

Joseph MCAD

March 14, 2005

I would definitely pick VB. Not only is it more
eligible and has better Intellisense, most jobs tend to
be in VB. I would also take 70-306 instead of 70-305. I
personally left out the SQL Server and took both 70-305
and 70-306 with 70-310. This has given me a solid
developing platform with which I can apply for almost any
job. I am now taking 70-330 (Implementing Security For
Applications) which, with 70-300, will solidify my skills
for any developmental task in any job. If you take the
SQL Server as your elective, then 70-330 will not count
for the MCSD as it will be an elective too. I wish you
luck!

Joseph MCAD

Iván

See... everybody has a different opinion
Good luck choosing and taking the exam.

"Thakkar" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:006001c528cd$10396210$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Those who have already cleared exams, Congratulations.
> Those who have not yet appeared for exams, Best of Luck!
>
> Can anyone suggest me which language should i choose to
> give MCAD exams and whether i should go for Desktop or
> Web application?
>
> choice 1: C# with web development
> Xml services
> SQL server
> choice 2: vb with windows developement
> Xml services
> SQL server
> I would really appreciate if anyone can provide me
> suggestions with respect to job market demand.
>
> Thank You in advance,
> Thakkar

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

I really appreciate your help.

Best of Luck

Reddy

Did you take exam 70-330? I started preparing for MCAD track and
planning to take first 70-340 exam. Just started reading today onwards.
I bought micorosoft Press book and transcender test papers. Do you
suggest anything on this? i have been working on .net more than a
year..I would appricate your help

Reddy