Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Exam scores and transitioning into C#

Exam scores and transitioning into C#

Elaine

I earned the MCAD certificate in December and am preparing
to apply for jobs soon.

I was wondering if job interviewers will ask about the
scores of the MCAD exams. If they do, what should I say
because I don't feel my scores are high?

Although, I did a great deal of preparation for at least
the first two exams, my scores were 753 on the 70-315, 860
on the 70-316 and 740 on the 70-320. I had a time
constraint and my background is C++ and Unix and I have no
work experience in C# and .NET.

I'm also wondering if it is even possible to find a job
working in C# and .NET with just the MCAD and a C++/Unix
background. Has anyone had any experience with this or
some similar situation?

I've been looking at website postings and even if they
don't specify years of C# experience, they want someone
with a substantial Windows background.

V.

I don't think your skill set will be a problem.

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Elaine,

The exams are pass/fail and that's what's recorded on your transcript. In
fact, for a while Microsoft did not give any score indication at all, and
did not give any representation of which areas you were weak or strong in.
I'd say that the exams are pass/fail and you passed. Offer to log into the
MCP site and print your transcript.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

"Elaine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:197901c50286$f58f2740$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was wondering if job interviewers will ask about the
> scores of the MCAD exams.

Elaine

Thanks, Cindy. I'll bring my official transcript to the
interview and hand it to them if they ask about scores. If
they pursue it, then I don't know. I've been reading a book
called "Ace the IT Interview" and she says that some
interviewers will want to know your scores on SAT's or MCSE
exams.

I think that my scores are OK for a person with no work
experience in .NET and taking these kinds of exams, who
didn't use braindump tests and who passed each exam the
first time, but I'm not sure. I wish I had earned higher
scores. I just want to be prepared in case I'm interviewed
by someone who asks about the scores.

Thanks V. It's just that I'm having trouble finding
postings like at Monster.com that match my skill set. I
think this means that I must use many methods of job hunting.

CB

Elaine,

How many hours of trainning is required for the 70-315
and 70-320 exam.

I already have 70-316 completed.

CB