Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-306

70-306

mel

Hi,

I'm planning on taking 70-306 in 2 months, i'm not sure
how to start studying for this exam, can anyone suggest
the best way to learn and study for these types of exams,
it's my first microsoft exam. I have about 6 months exp
with asp.net, will it be a big transition?
thanks,

mel

Eduard Cros

Hi, I think I'll do 70-306 too as my elective exam (not
yet sure of which one choose). First you may need a book
which explains that topic (even if you've done MOC 2565)
or play a little with Visual Studio .Net making little
Windows Apps... they've tried to make it easy and
consistent with ASP.NET, though there are some differences
in multi-language support for instance. Also some controls
such as datagrids have more options or events in Windows
Apps than Web Apps, but anyway shouldn't be difficult for
you A book specifically done to prepare an exam could
be a good help too, as it has all the content you need and
samples of exam questions. Another good help are practise
test providers such as MeasureUp or Self-Test. If you want
more help just email me

Eduard Cros
Microsoft Certified (Not-Yet) Proffessional

Leon

Hi Guys,
I just finished my MCAD certification and I used the self-test
practice test and this book

MCAD/MCSD: Developing and Implementing Windows-Based Applications With
Visual Basic.Net and Visual Studio.Net Exam 70-306 Training Guide
By: Mike Gunderloy

to pass this test as a matter of fact I used this combination for all three
test except the 70-305 which I also bought the measure-up practice test. I am
now studing for my MCSD and I have purchased the 70-229 version of this book
and I have purchased the measure-up practice test. I have also bought the
self-test 70-300 practice test but I have not really played with it yet
because it looks kind of hard and I need to learn some SQL before I tackle it
so I have choosen to take the SQL test next.