Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > C# & VB combination?

C# & VB combination?

Thakkar

Hello guys,

I am planning to take MCAD exams. But i have question
regarding the exams. Can i take exams in following manner:

Exam 70-306 windows applications VB
Exam 70-315 Web Applications c#
Exam 70-229 SQL Server

Will this combination be valid? Will i recieve credit for
all above exams.

Need your guidance. Thank You.

Regards,
Thakkar

XAvier

Sure,
you will not be certified taking 70-306 and 70-305
because is the same exam in VB.NET and C#

Sean

ACK!!!! NO!

SQL is an elective, you must take 70-310 or 70-320...

I am doing the basic idea which looks like is working well becuase of
overlapping concepts

70-306 VB.NET windows apps stuff
70-315 C# web apps stuff
70-320 XML stuff

"XAvier" wrote:

> Sure,
> you will not be certified taking 70-306 and 70-305
> because is the same exam in VB.NET and C#

Eduard Cros

That combination is not possible because you must take 70-
310 or 70-320 (I know it's been told, but maybe you wanted
a second option ). Then you can take 70-305,70-315,70-
306 or 70-316 as the other core exam (well, I would
recommend you to start with one of them instead of 70-310
or 70-320, unless you want to start with the hardest
one ). Then, as the elective you can take any of them
(but the one you chose as core) or 70-229, 70-230, 70-234,
70-330 or 70-340.

My choose was 70-305 and 70-310 (as I did the courses in
VB.NET), and now I'm doubting which one take as
elective... 70-306 or 70-229, still not decided? any clue
to help me?