Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-305 Passed

70-305 Passed

Satish Yalamaddi

I passed 70-305 today. 791 is score.
43 questions and 2hrs.
I was little dissappointed as after two books,
Transcender and almost 2 years of web development exp in
vb.net and asp.net, I could only score 791.
Any way, It was mike gunderloy(que) book that helped me
than MS book for learning the stuff( I had this book for
more than year now) and the exam.

hadi

Hi Satish,

First of all i would like to congratulate you for passing
70-305 test. Actually 791 is a good score and don't be
despair because of the score.

Remember the whole process in certification is by gaining a
deep understanding about the topic and how to implement it
into the real world practice. Since you have 2 years
experience of real world web apps, i am pretty sure that
you have understand fully about how to apply the knowledge
into the real world project.

The test itself has a broad cover but it only test you
about a little subset (about 30-40%) from your knowledge.
It is not the score that you should really care about, but
actually how good do you use that knowledge in the real
world that you should have worry about

In the real world, it's an 'open book' test and you're
allowed to acquire any information in order to solve your
problem.

Go for the 70-306 test or 70-320 test or any test, in order
to complete your MCAD or MCSD, and you will have a
sufficient credential that prove you're a really a MS
certified.

Rgrds,
hadi

Hi hadi,

Thanks for supporting my effort.
Yes, i had real world web applications building
experience since 2001( since beta days). May be that
helped it, else i would have failed this.

Yes, i will be taking 70-310 next( instead of 306 or 320)
as i did build a webservice for a project for our company
this year and really into that now.

Thanks again for your time.
Satish

sivakumar

hello,

I am planning to take exam in MCAD (70-305, 70-310, 70-
229). I need some help regarding what kind of book will be
helpful and how long it will take to prepare ( may take
during end of january). I have an experience in VB and
done one project in .NET. Also what kind of question
pattern ( is it multiple type question or some other
pattern) is being asked?? As i do not know any details as
of now i request to reply for this mail. I would be very
much thankful if i get reply asap.
Please provide me the assistance.

Thanks
siva.

shirin

hi satish!
congrats for passing 305.
i also cleared 305 and would like to start studying for
310.
i don not have hands on experience with web servies but
will be learning it.
i would appreciate if u could guide me like what books u
r referring to. what online resources r u using and what
way preparing for exam. thanks.
shirin