Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-229 next tuesday

70-229 next tuesday

owen

very nervous !

i've only studied the official ms book (and accompanying prep questions),
will that see me through?

Owen

Saga

What do you know about SQL Server?
Have you read the Books On Line?
Have you done any practice tests?

Good luck!
Saga

"owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uk6kd.105$(E-Mail Removed)...
> very nervous !
>
> i've only studied the official ms book (and accompanying prep
> questions),
> will that see me through?
>

> Owen

owen

"Saga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What do you know about SQL Server?

A fair bit. By no means an 'expert' though and I've hardly used it very
much in practice. I'd say I know the basics and then some.

> Have you read the Books On Line?

Bits 'n' peices.

> Have you done any practice tests?

Done the one that comes with the official MS study guide... 'Readiness
Review?'

(got 80%).

Also the 10-question Transcender demo. (would like the full thing though!)

> Good luck!
> Saga

Thanks
Owen

owen

"owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uk6kd.105$(E-Mail Removed)...
> very nervous !
>
> i've only studied the official ms book (and accompanying prep questions),
> will that see me through?
>

> Owen

BTW, any suggestions of *FREE* demo / practice exams gratefully received.

(and no, I dont mean braindumps so don't flame me thanks)

Owen

comp sci kid

i don't wanna scare you, but 80% isn't a very good score for a practice
exam. the "real" exams tend to be much more difficult than the practice
exams.

"owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_zmkd.33$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Saga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > What do you know about SQL Server?

> A fair bit. By no means an 'expert' though and I've hardly used it very
> much in practice. I'd say I know the basics and then some.
>
> > Have you read the Books On Line?

> Bits 'n' peices.
>
> > Have you done any practice tests?

> Done the one that comes with the official MS study guide... 'Readiness
> Review?'
>
> (got 80%).
>
> Also the 10-question Transcender demo. (would like the full thing

though!)

> > Good luck!
> > Saga

> Thanks
> Owen

owen

"comp sci kid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uNwF41#(E-Mail Removed)...
> i don't wanna scare you, but 80% isn't a very good score for a practice
> exam. the "real" exams tend to be much more difficult than the practice
> exams.

Yep. Like I said, I'm bricking it ;o(

Owen

comp sci kid

you have the option to reschedule.

"owen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eeLkd.133$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "comp sci kid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uNwF41#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > i don't wanna scare you, but 80% isn't a very good score for a practice
> > exam. the "real" exams tend to be much more difficult than the practice
> > exams.
> >

> Yep. Like I said, I'm bricking it ;o(
>

> Owen

owen

"comp sci kid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uNwF41#(E-Mail Removed)...
> i don't wanna scare you, but 80% isn't a very good score for a practice
> exam. the "real" exams tend to be much more difficult than the practice
> exams.

Well, I passed (just barely). I must admit I found the exam questions
relatively simple, I thought it was quite easy and was surprised by my poor
score!

Owen

comp sci kid

it seems that the exam was more difficult or tricky that you thought it was.

a lot of answers that look correct are actually wrong.

news:419dd8d9$0$16437$(E-Mail Removed)...