Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-315 exam length and pass rate

70-315 exam length and pass rate

SpeedyGonzalez

Hi,
I will be taking the 70-315 exam in 2 weeks time. I've read around and I'm
still uncertain about a couple of things to do with the exam format.

1) How long is the exam? Am I right in thinking it is 1.5 hours. From
looking through this newsgroup though, it looks like it might be 2 or even
2.5 hours.

2) How many questions are there? The practice exams I've been taking have 50
questions. Is it true that this isn't always the case for the real thing.

3) Is there a pass rate for the exam? Even an estimated pass rate would be
extremely helpful to me. The Transcender exam pass rate is 85%. I am really
curious to know if this is the same for the real thing.

thanks.

New007

I took it last week and passed with 924.
There were 43 questions to answer in 2 hrs. 700 is the passing mark.

"SpeedyGonzalez" wrote:

> Hi,
> I will be taking the 70-315 exam in 2 weeks time. I've read around and I'm
> still uncertain about a couple of things to do with the exam format.
>
> 1) How long is the exam? Am I right in thinking it is 1.5 hours. From
> looking through this newsgroup though, it looks like it might be 2 or even
> 2.5 hours.
>
> 2) How many questions are there? The practice exams I've been taking have 50
> questions. Is it true that this isn't always the case for the real thing.
>
> 3) Is there a pass rate for the exam? Even an estimated pass rate would be
> extremely helpful to me. The Transcender exam pass rate is 85%. I am really
> curious to know if this is the same for the real thing.
>
> thanks.

E Golpe

New007 wrote:

> I took it last week and passed with 924.
> There were 43 questions to answer in 2 hrs. 700 is the passing mark.
>
> "SpeedyGonzalez" wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I will be taking the 70-315 exam in 2 weeks time. I've read around and I'm
>>still uncertain about a couple of things to do with the exam format.
>>
>>1) How long is the exam? Am I right in thinking it is 1.5 hours. From
>>looking through this newsgroup though, it looks like it might be 2 or even
>>2.5 hours.
>>
>>2) How many questions are there? The practice exams I've been taking have 50
>>questions. Is it true that this isn't always the case for the real thing.
>>
>>3) Is there a pass rate for the exam? Even an estimated pass rate would be
>>extremely helpful to me. The Transcender exam pass rate is 85%. I am really
>>curious to know if this is the same for the real thing.
>>
>>thanks.

I also took it and got 886.. and I had plenty of time to spare. The
hardest and longest questions in any of the prep books are the ones you
will probably see. I suggest you focus on security and components, it
will be a big help. ("Linking" vs. "embedding" resources in al.exe too...)
Mine had also 43 questions and usually 700 is the pass/fail mark but it
has been known to vary....

PS.. The prep books alone wont be enough without some concepts too...

SpeedyGonzalez

thanks for your input.

"E Golpe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> New007 wrote:
>
>> I took it last week and passed with 924.
>> There were 43 questions to answer in 2 hrs. 700 is the passing mark.
>> "SpeedyGonzalez" wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>I will be taking the 70-315 exam in 2 weeks time. I've read around and
>>>I'm still uncertain about a couple of things to do with the exam format.
>>>
>>>1) How long is the exam? Am I right in thinking it is 1.5 hours. From
>>>looking through this newsgroup though, it looks like it might be 2 or
>>>even 2.5 hours.
>>>
>>>2) How many questions are there? The practice exams I've been taking have
>>>50 questions. Is it true that this isn't always the case for the real
>>>thing.
>>>
>>>3) Is there a pass rate for the exam? Even an estimated pass rate would
>>>be extremely helpful to me. The Transcender exam pass rate is 85%. I am
>>>really curious to know if this is the same for the real thing.
>>>
>>>thanks.
>>>

> I also took it and got 886.. and I had plenty of time to spare. The
> hardest and longest questions in any of the prep books are the ones you
> will probably see. I suggest you focus on security and components, it
> will be a big help. ("Linking" vs. "embedding" resources in al.exe
> too...)
> Mine had also 43 questions and usually 700 is the pass/fail mark but it
> has been known to vary....
>
> PS.. The prep books alone wont be enough without some concepts too...

V.

-> 43 to 55 questions a believe
-> time is 2h, but 2,5h if you're non-english speaking.
-> passing score is 700, but don't be fooled,
transcenders are much much easier. Exam is very heavy on
ADo stuff and Microsoft isn't even scared of asking about
pure SQL-queries. (although this is limited)

Good luck.