Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Passed 70-306 on Saturday

Passed 70-306 on Saturday

Tampa .NET Koder

I was given 38 questions and I had to score a 700 to pass. I got an 800.
So, just by looking at the results I think the exam was out of a 900 total.
The VB.NET exam for Windows Forms seems to be pretty strait forward to me.
There were a few questions that got me though.

Just to let everyone know..I have been studying .NET in my spare time for 2
years now and I have no professional experience. I just do alot of reading,
attend alot of webcast and go to the live events. To study for the exam I
used the MS Press MCAD Self-Preparation Toolkit. These books are good enough
for me. They have examples in both C# and VB. However, it did cost about
$100; but hopefully it will pay off in the end.

Jose Luis Manners

Congrats on passing the exam !!! What a coincidence, I'm in Tampa too and
I'm studying for the exam as well. I hope I can pass it too.

--
Regards,

Jose Luis Manners, MCP
http://blogs.geekdojo.net/jmanners

"Encuentra felicidad en tu trabajo o nunca ser醩 feliz."
Crist骲al Col髇

"Tampa .NET Koder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was given 38 questions and I had to score a 700 to pass. I got an 800.
> So, just by looking at the results I think the exam was out of a 900

total.
> The VB.NET exam for Windows Forms seems to be pretty strait forward to me.
> There were a few questions that got me though.
>
> Just to let everyone know..I have been studying .NET in my spare time for

2
> years now and I have no professional experience. I just do alot of

reading,
> attend alot of webcast and go to the live events. To study for the exam I
> used the MS Press MCAD Self-Preparation Toolkit. These books are good

enough
> for me. They have examples in both C# and VB. However, it did cost about
> $100; but hopefully it will pay off in the end.

Tampa .NET Koder

Do you go to any of the Tamp Bay .NET community meetings? Also, if you are
going to take the test on the saturday, not testing center in the Tampa Area
are open on Saturdays. So, I went to a Technet Training center in Largo

"Jose Luis Manners" wrote:

> Congrats on passing the exam !!! What a coincidence, I'm in Tampa too and
> I'm studying for the exam as well. I hope I can pass it too.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Jose Luis Manners, MCP
> http://blogs.geekdojo.net/jmanners
>
> "Encuentra felicidad en tu trabajo o nunca ser谩s feliz."
> Crist贸bal Col贸n
>
> "Tampa .NET Koder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I was given 38 questions and I had to score a 700 to pass. I got an 800.
> > So, just by looking at the results I think the exam was out of a 900

> total.
> > The VB.NET exam for Windows Forms seems to be pretty strait forward to me.
> > There were a few questions that got me though.
> >
> > Just to let everyone know..I have been studying .NET in my spare time for

> 2
> > years now and I have no professional experience. I just do alot of

> reading,
> > attend alot of webcast and go to the live events. To study for the exam I
> > used the MS Press MCAD Self-Preparation Toolkit. These books are good

> enough
> > for me. They have examples in both C# and VB. However, it did cost about
> > $100; but hopefully it will pay off in the end.

Jose Luis Manners

Yes, I've been to their meetings. As a matter of fact, I'm planning to go
to the next one on 11/08, send me an email if you're going, it would be nice
to meet you over there. Thanks for the hint on the testing center, I'd like
to check it out because I don't want to take time off from work for the
test, what's the name of the training center?

--
Regards,

Jose Luis Manners, MCP
http://blogs.geekdojo.net/jmanners

"Encuentra felicidad en tu trabajo o nunca ser醩 feliz."
Crist骲al Col髇

"Tampa .NET Koder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you go to any of the Tamp Bay .NET community meetings? Also, if you are
> going to take the test on the saturday, not testing center in the Tampa

Area
> are open on Saturdays. So, I went to a Technet Training center in Largo
>
> "Jose Luis Manners" wrote:
>
> > Congrats on passing the exam !!! What a coincidence, I'm in Tampa too

and
> > I'm studying for the exam as well. I hope I can pass it too.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jose Luis Manners, MCP
> > http://blogs.geekdojo.net/jmanners
> >
> > "Encuentra felicidad en tu trabajo o nunca ser醩 feliz."
> > Crist骲al Col髇
> >
> > "Tampa .NET Koder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I was given 38 questions and I had to score a 700 to pass. I got an

800.
> > > So, just by looking at the results I think the exam was out of a 900

> > total.
> > > The VB.NET exam for Windows Forms seems to be pretty strait forward to

me.
> > > There were a few questions that got me though.
> > >
> > > Just to let everyone know..I have been studying .NET in my spare time

for
> > 2
> > > years now and I have no professional experience. I just do alot of

> > reading,
> > > attend alot of webcast and go to the live events. To study for the

exam I
> > > used the MS Press MCAD Self-Preparation Toolkit. These books are good

> > enough
> > > for me. They have examples in both C# and VB. However, it did cost

about
> > > $100; but hopefully it will pay off in the end.

Tampa .NET Koder

TECHNET TRAINING CENTERS
10707 66TH STREET NORTH SUITE F
CLEARWATER FL , USA
Test Site Phone #: 727-545-5444

I will try to send you a email if I have the time to go. I see you have a
blog and I will contact you from there.

OT: Saturday fun Mike T. MCSE 2 12-27-2004 11:06 AM
[OT] Anyone Working Today? (Saturday) T-Bone MCSE 1 11-13-2004 06:56 PM
OT: Saturday Silliness TechGeekPro MCSE 0 08-01-2004 01:20 AM
passed 70-216 on saturday James MCSE 0 07-11-2004 08:08 PM
New worm this saturday? Infamous Computer Support 5 08-16-2003 02:06 AM

Advertisments