Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > CD for 70-316 and the best book for mcad/mcsd

CD for 70-316 and the best book for mcad/mcsd

Shardool Karnik

Hi,

I purchased the book last year and seem to have lost the cd while moving ...
Is it possible to get the practice tests on the cd? besides buying another
book?

Also,
I have the Microsoft publication of Windows Based Applications with Visual
C# ....is this book enough to pass the exam ? Does it cover everything that
could be possibly asked on the test ?

or do I have to review other study materials .... I have seen that many of
you have suggested Amit Khilani's book. Is is absolutely necessary to buy
that book?

Regards,
Shardool Karnik.

Raja

Generally Amit Kalani's books are a much better choice as compared to MS
books or other cert prep books out there. You might also consider the "Exam
cram" version of this book since you're already using another prep book. The
Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/4nxym for the Exam cram book and the Amazon
link is http://tinyurl.com/64coq for the full version.

- Raja.

"Shardool Karnik" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I purchased the book last year and seem to have lost the cd while moving ...
> Is it possible to get the practice tests on the cd? besides buying another
> book?
>
> Also,
> I have the Microsoft publication of Windows Based Applications with Visual
> C# ....is this book enough to pass the exam ? Does it cover everything that
> could be possibly asked on the test ?
>
> or do I have to review other study materials .... I have seen that many of
> you have suggested Amit Khilani's book. Is is absolutely necessary to buy
> that book?
>
> Regards,
> Shardool Karnik.

Shardool Karnik

Thx!

My other question was ... is studying this book enough ? or do u have to
refer to more material .... ?
I have never taken any of these tests before ... but since I am a .NET
consultant ... I would like to add this to my resume ...

Regards,
Shardool Karnik.

"Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Generally Amit Kalani's books are a much better choice as compared to MS
> books or other cert prep books out there. You might also consider the
> "Exam
> cram" version of this book since you're already using another prep book.
> The
> Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/4nxym for the Exam cram book and the
> Amazon
> link is http://tinyurl.com/64coq for the full version.
>
> - Raja.
>
> "Shardool Karnik" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I purchased the book last year and seem to have lost the cd while moving
>> Is it possible to get the practice tests on the cd? besides buying
>> another
>> book?
>>
>> Also,
>> I have the Microsoft publication of Windows Based Applications with
>> Visual
>> C# ....is this book enough to pass the exam ? Does it cover everything
>> that
>> could be possibly asked on the test ?
>>
>> or do I have to review other study materials .... I have seen that many
>> of
>> you have suggested Amit Khilani's book. Is is absolutely necessary to buy
>> that book?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shardool Karnik.

Vipul Patel

Hi Shardool,

Studying any book is never enough. You need to have the necessary hands-on
experience to not be caught half-prepared in the exam.
The books are totally catered to the exam pattern, hence a background
information on the topic being discussed and the book will be the ultimate
companion of the exam.

Regards
Vipul

"Shardool Karnik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thx!
>
> My other question was ... is studying this book enough ? or do u have to
> refer to more material .... ?
> I have never taken any of these tests before ... but since I am a .NET
> consultant ... I would like to add this to my resume ...
>
> Regards,
> Shardool Karnik.
>
> "Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Generally Amit Kalani's books are a much better choice as compared to MS
>> books or other cert prep books out there. You might also consider the
>> "Exam
>> cram" version of this book since you're already using another prep book.
>> The
>> Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/4nxym for the Exam cram book and the
>> Amazon
>> link is http://tinyurl.com/64coq for the full version.
>>
>> - Raja.
>>
>> "Shardool Karnik" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I purchased the book last year and seem to have lost the cd while moving
>>> Is it possible to get the practice tests on the cd? besides buying
>>> another
>>> book?
>>>
>>> Also,
>>> I have the Microsoft publication of Windows Based Applications with
>>> Visual
>>> C# ....is this book enough to pass the exam ? Does it cover everything
>>> that
>>> could be possibly asked on the test ?
>>>
>>> or do I have to review other study materials .... I have seen that many
>>> of
>>> you have suggested Amit Khilani's book. Is is absolutely necessary to
>>> buy
>>> that book?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Shardool Karnik.

Shardool Karnik

Thanks for the info Vipul ... I understand what you are saying ...
I think I should be fine then ... just wanted to make sure that I am looking
at a book which atleast touches all the areas that might be on the exam ...
at a higher level is just fine ...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...