Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > VB or C#?? whats the difference

VB or C#?? whats the difference

MING@HongKong

tesr

--

"JimDaGeek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
"Frank Mamone" wrote:

> Also, you may as well learn something that is popular in the
> workplace. So to answer you question, VB is
> here to stay and if you are more comfortable with it, go for it!
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Frank Mamone

I have to disagree. All of the programmers I know _hate_ VB or any
incarnation of it. We all hope that VB/VB.Net will just go away, along with
the people that are VB-ONLY. Geez, they are some of the worst "programmers"
I have seen over the last 15 years.

Please do not encourage people to use VB. Please. I would almost rather
hear of someone saying they are a "COBOL.Net" programmer.

No, I am not trying to start a VB.Net vs. C# language war. However, 80%+ of
the VB "programmers" I have met over the last 15 years have just sucked as
"programmers".

And _every_ VB "guy" I have met thought they were part of the 10%-20% that
actually know how to program.

Spending a few years doing VB and some ADO crap doesn't make one a programmer.

Dear MS, please, please, KILL VB and all versions of it.

MING@HongKong

I am vb.net and C# in Asia, i start from vb6, vb.net ,and change to C# long
time.
But because of my job, i also need to work in visualbasic with teammate.
JimDaGeek , i think you are missing something, under .NET Framework,
VisualBasic and C# using same Class , everybody know that if C# can do,
VisualBasic (sure, .NET)
Can do so, about cross-platform, for webform , it can handle by mono-project
,focus on future
mono-project alreadly announce moonlight (SilverLight mono Port)
Long time. You work in 15 years exp. programmer still cannot see good vb
programmer, it's really because vb?
well, vb.net vs C# language war started loooooooong time ago,after you learn
vb and C# , you will say vb & C# different , jus syntax.)
You must overview more about .NET and future ( WPF,LinQ,Silverlight,ASP.NET
Future)

--

"Frank Mamone" wrote:

> Also, you may as well learn something that is popular in the
> workplace. So to answer you question, VB is
> here to stay and if you are more comfortable with it, go for it!
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Frank Mamone

I have to disagree. All of the programmers I know _hate_ VB or any
incarnation of it. We all hope that VB/VB.Net will just go away, along with
the people that are VB-ONLY. Geez, they are some of the worst "programmers"
I have seen over the last 15 years.

Please do not encourage people to use VB. Please. I would almost rather
hear of someone saying they are a "COBOL.Net" programmer.

No, I am not trying to start a VB.Net vs. C# language war. However, 80%+ of
the VB "programmers" I have met over the last 15 years have just sucked as
"programmers".

And _every_ VB "guy" I have met thought they were part of the 10%-20% that
actually know how to program.

Spending a few years doing VB and some ADO crap doesn't make one a
programmer.

Dear MS, please, please, KILL VB and all versions of it.

Anand Narine

VB sucks
use c# instead it makes more sense

news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...