Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Researching material for MCAD/SD

Researching material for MCAD/SD

Saga

I am researching to see what material is available for the
70-300, 305, 306, 310 and 229 exams.

I have read recommendations regarding the Mike G. books,
so they are at the top of the list. I also found this at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Reviews are mixed, there are two used/new copies selling
real cheap (which makes me wonder) so I would like to
ask these two ngs for any feedback on this book.

Any recommendations on other books are, of course,
welcomed

Another question that comes up is that I know that MS
Press is selling a bunble of books that cover these exams,
plus those for the C# track. The usual price for the bundle
is around $129. Also, MS Press has specific full volumes
(self paced training kits they call them) for each specific
exam (sold separately). Is there any advantage in purchasing
the bundle of books and also buying the individual volumes?
I would imagine that they might compliment each other, but
I am not certain.

For example:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

This is a full volume... for exams 305/315. Notice that going
a little down the page there is a "Better Together" section and
the other product IS the kit bundle that I mentioned earlier.

Thanks all!
Saga

Eric

Saga wrote:

> I am researching to see what material is available for the
> 70-300, 305, 306, 310 and 229 exams.

For VB.NET: Mike Gunderloy's books are best. For C#, Amit Kalani's
books are best. Get the blue training guides, not the red Exam Cram.

I don't get very excited about any book for 70-229. I just used
Transcenders, Books On Line, and the web.

For 70-300, I hear the Exam Cram book is the best.

Eric

Raja

Forget the rest, stick with the best ! For vb.net track
of MCAD, there's nothing else out there that's better
than Mike's books. The Amazon links are :
70-305 : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
70-306 : http://tinyurl.com/5hapf
70-310 : http://tinyurl.com/52oav
Errata : http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt

Good luck !

- Raja.

/0072226536/qid=1096387164/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/104-2413493-
2459116?v=glance&s=books

>Reviews are mixed, there are two used/new copies selling
>real cheap (which makes me wonder) so I would like to
>ask these two ngs for any feedback on this book.
>
>Any recommendations on other books are, of course,
>welcomed
>
>Another question that comes up is that I know that MS
>Press is selling a bunble of books that cover these

exams,
>plus those for the C# track. The usual price for the

bundle
>is around $129. Also, MS Press has specific full volumes
>(self paced training kits they call them) for each

specific
>exam (sold separately). Is there any advantage in

purchasing
>the bundle of books and also buying the individual

volumes?
>I would imagine that they might compliment each other,

but
>I am not certain.
>
>For example:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-

/0735619271/ref=pd_sim_b_3/104-2413493-2459116?%
5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

>This is a full volume... for exams 305/315. Notice that

going
>a little down the page there is a "Better Together"

section and
>the other product IS the kit bundle that I mentioned

earlier.

>Thanks all!
>Saga
>

>.

Saga

Thanks Raja. I have read your recommedation in other threads
and are totally, TOTALLY convinced to get Mike's books.
Even so, I don't want to prepare for an exam by using just one
source (refering specifically to books), so I am researching
addtional possibilities.

I have no intention of preparing for the exam without Mike's
books.

Thanks again!
Saga

"Raja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:023c01c4a58d$c18d9630$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Forget the rest, stick with the best ! For vb.net track
> of MCAD, there's nothing else out there that's better
> than Mike's books. The Amazon links are :
> 70-305 : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
> 70-306 : http://tinyurl.com/5hapf
> 70-310 : http://tinyurl.com/52oav
> Errata : http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt
>
> Good luck !
>
> - Raja.

Raja

You don't have to. It goes without saying that MSDN is a
must in any exam prep. Apart from that, I found the foll.
2 books an excellent resource for Asp.net and ADO.net.
The amazon links are given below
ADO.Net Book : http://tinyurl.com/5fad9
Asp.net Unleashed : http://tinyurl.com/6ch54

Good luck !