Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > cleared 70-316 yesterday

cleared 70-316 yesterday

Henry

scored 940.

How did I get prepared:

-Learned C# with Deitel's Book.
-Read MCAD/MCSD Visual C# .NET Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (just windows development).
-After notice so many recommendations, I read Amit Kalani's book (I highly recommend this one).

Since it was my first cert exam, I was very anxious. So a friend of my, gave me a braindump.
But after noticed that half of the answeres was wrong I dropped it.

I have to confess that there were questions about topics wich I haven't seem on any of 3 books that I read.
But I didn't followed the braindump anwere, I used those question for learning what wasn't covered by those books.

(security, and tools for debugging is not so extensive in those books, ADO.NET wich is the most important subject on .NET framework, was not so in-depth covered).

My final recommendation:
Do not follow braindumps, first because I didn't learn the technology, and second because there are many wrong answeres.

Wish lucky for all you

Sarah Smith

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:29:07 -0300, "Henry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>scored 940.
>
>How did I get prepared:
>
>-Learned C# with Deitel's Book.
>-Read MCAD/MCSD Visual C# .NET Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (just windows development).
>-After notice so many recommendations, I read Amit Kalani's book (I highly recommend this one).
>
>Since it was my first cert exam, I was very anxious. So a friend of my, gave me a braindump.
>But after noticed that half of the answeres was wrong I dropped it.
>
>I have to confess that there were questions about topics wich I haven't seem on any of 3 books that I read.
>But I didn't followed the braindump anwere, I used those question for learning what wasn't covered by those books.
>
>(security, and tools for debugging is not so extensive in those books, ADO.NET wich is the most important subject on .NET framework, was not so in-depth covered).
>
>My final recommendation:
>Do not follow braindumps, first because I didn't learn the technology, and second because there are many wrong answeres.
>
>Wish lucky for all you

What would you say were the most important topics of the test? Where
there many configuration/security/deployment questions?

S.