Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > How do the Certifications work ? MCP->MCAD->MCSD

How do the Certifications work ? MCP->MCAD->MCSD

Sarah Smith

Hello,

I am studying VB.NET for Desktop application dev. I think I have the
experience to pass (with a little more study), and then I'll take the
first exam.

I am assuming you are awarded an MCP cert first ... is this wrong or
right?

I also work with SQL Server, so I thought I would go for the MCAD and
do it with VB Desktop, SQL Server, and XML Web Services.

When you take your very first test, do you have to make the people at
the test center aware of your intentions of taking several exams (so
it will be noted at some point that you have achieved the MCAD cert)
.... or do you just keep taking the individual exams until a
certification shows up in the mail?

A final question ... suppose one completes the MCAD and you then go on
to take the remaining exams for the MCSD ... is your certification
automatically upgrade?

TIA,

S.

Bobby

Hi Sarah,

Sarah: I am assuming you are awarded an MCP cert first ... is this wrong or
right?
Answer: Right.

Sarah: When you take your very first test, do you have to make the people at
the test center aware of your intentions of taking several exams (so
it will be noted at some point that you have achieved the MCAD cert)
.... or do you just keep taking the individual exams until a
certification shows up in the mail?
Answer: "just keep taking the individual exams"

Sarah: A final question ... suppose one completes the MCAD and you then go on
to take the remaining exams for the MCSD ... is your certification
automatically upgrade?
Answer: You'll have both, can keep both and certified in both MCAD and MCSD.

Hope this helps.

Bobby

"Sarah Smith" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am studying VB.NET for Desktop application dev. I think I have the
> experience to pass (with a little more study), and then I'll take the
> first exam.
>
> I am assuming you are awarded an MCP cert first ... is this wrong or
> right?
>
> I also work with SQL Server, so I thought I would go for the MCAD and
> do it with VB Desktop, SQL Server, and XML Web Services.
>
> When you take your very first test, do you have to make the people at
> the test center aware of your intentions of taking several exams (so
> it will be noted at some point that you have achieved the MCAD cert)
> .... or do you just keep taking the individual exams until a
> certification shows up in the mail?
>
> A final question ... suppose one completes the MCAD and you then go on
> to take the remaining exams for the MCSD ... is your certification
> automatically upgrade?
>
> TIA,
>
> S.

Sarah Smith

Hi Bobby,

Thanks a lot for a quick and concise response!

No all I have to do is study, and hopefully pass

-Sarah

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:03:04 -0700, "Bobby"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Sarah,
>
>Sarah: I am assuming you are awarded an MCP cert first ... is this wrong or
> right?
>Answer: Right.
>
>Sarah: When you take your very first test, do you have to make the people at
> the test center aware of your intentions of taking several exams (so
> it will be noted at some point that you have achieved the MCAD cert)
> .... or do you just keep taking the individual exams until a
> certification shows up in the mail?
>Answer: "just keep taking the individual exams"
>
>Sarah: A final question ... suppose one completes the MCAD and you then go on
> to take the remaining exams for the MCSD ... is your certification
> automatically upgrade?
>Answer: You'll have both, can keep both and certified in both MCAD and MCSD.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Bobby
>
>"Sarah Smith" wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am studying VB.NET for Desktop application dev. I think I have the
>> experience to pass (with a little more study), and then I'll take the
>> first exam.
>>
>> I am assuming you are awarded an MCP cert first ... is this wrong or
>> right?
>>
>> I also work with SQL Server, so I thought I would go for the MCAD and
>> do it with VB Desktop, SQL Server, and XML Web Services.
>>
>> When you take your very first test, do you have to make the people at
>> the test center aware of your intentions of taking several exams (so
>> it will be noted at some point that you have achieved the MCAD cert)
>> .... or do you just keep taking the individual exams until a
>> certification shows up in the mail?
>>
>> A final question ... suppose one completes the MCAD and you then go on
>> to take the remaining exams for the MCSD ... is your certification
>> automatically upgrade?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> S.

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Sarah,

To add to what Bobby said, the test center sends your score to Microsoft
automatically. Your transcript is kept at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpmembersite.asp where you can log in
and see it. Failed exams are not recorded, only passed exams. The software
at the Microsoft site will calculate which certifications you have earned
based on your passed exams. You can apply for a "Welcome Kit" that has your
certificate, lapel pin, and wallet card, based on the certifications you
have earned.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

"Sarah Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When you take your very first test, do you have to make the people at
> the test center aware of your intentions of taking several exams (so
> it will be noted at some point that you have achieved the MCAD cert)
> ... or do you just keep taking the individual exams until a
> certification shows up in the mail?
>
> A final question ... suppose one completes the MCAD and you then go on
> to take the remaining exams for the MCSD ... is your certification
> automatically upgrade?

Bobby

Hi Sarah,

Good luck

Bobby

"Sarah Smith" wrote:

> Hi Bobby,
>
> Thanks a lot for a quick and concise response!
>
> No all I have to do is study, and hopefully pass
>
> -Sarah
>

> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:03:04 -0700, "Bobby"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi Sarah,
> >
> >Sarah: I am assuming you are awarded an MCP cert first ... is this wrong or
> > right?
> >Answer: Right.
> >
> >Sarah: When you take your very first test, do you have to make the people at
> > the test center aware of your intentions of taking several exams (so
> > it will be noted at some point that you have achieved the MCAD cert)
> > .... or do you just keep taking the individual exams until a
> > certification shows up in the mail?
> >Answer: "just keep taking the individual exams"
> >
> >Sarah: A final question ... suppose one completes the MCAD and you then go on
> > to take the remaining exams for the MCSD ... is your certification
> > automatically upgrade?
> >Answer: You'll have both, can keep both and certified in both MCAD and MCSD.
> >
> >Hope this helps.
> >
> >Bobby
> >
> >"Sarah Smith" wrote:
> >

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am studying VB.NET for Desktop application dev. I think I have the
> >> experience to pass (with a little more study), and then I'll take the
> >> first exam.
> >>
> >> I am assuming you are awarded an MCP cert first ... is this wrong or
> >> right?
> >>
> >> I also work with SQL Server, so I thought I would go for the MCAD and
> >> do it with VB Desktop, SQL Server, and XML Web Services.
> >>
> >> When you take your very first test, do you have to make the people at
> >> the test center aware of your intentions of taking several exams (so
> >> it will be noted at some point that you have achieved the MCAD cert)
> >> .... or do you just keep taking the individual exams until a
> >> certification shows up in the mail?
> >>
> >> A final question ... suppose one completes the MCAD and you then go on
> >> to take the remaining exams for the MCSD ... is your certification
> >> automatically upgrade?
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >>
> >> S.

Nicky Smith

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:07:54 -0400, "Cindy Winegarden"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Sarah,
>
>To add to what Bobby said, the test center sends your score to Microsoft
>automatically. Your transcript is kept at
>http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpmembersite.asp where you can log in
>and see it. Failed exams are not recorded, only passed exams. The software
>at the Microsoft site will calculate which certifications you have earned
>based on your passed exams. You can apply for a "Welcome Kit" that has your
>certificate, lapel pin, and wallet card, based on the certifications you
>have earned.

Thanks Bobby and Cindy.
S.