Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Pearson VUE or Prometric

Pearson VUE or Prometric

jf

Hi all,i'm planning to take exam 70-305 soon,yet i'm not
sure which exam center to choose?

Is there a difference in exam content (no.of
questions,exam time,passing score?) & obviously cost of
exam?

From experience which one will you recommend?

thanks in advance.

Brian Simmons

I believe the exam formats and such are identical, usually it's just a
preference of which center is closest to you.

One difference is you can get a 25% discount voucher for Microsoft exams
taken at a VUE testing center at this website:
http://certificationworks.com/exam_d...oucher_vue.cfm
(there is no 'catch' with this offer, however it is valid only in the USA)

hth,
Brian

"jf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2cc401c49efd$ee03d6c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,i'm planning to take exam 70-305 soon,yet i'm not
> sure which exam center to choose?
>
> Is there a difference in exam content (no.of
> questions,exam time,passing score?) & obviously cost of
> exam?
>
> From experience which one will you recommend?
>
> thanks in advance.

Cindy Winegarden

Hi JF,

As far as I know the (base) cost of the exams, the content of the exams, the
time allowed, etc. are determined by Microsoft, although some centers may
offer discounts on exams or free exams if you took classes there. I'm sure
Microsoft provides the testing software also.

The differences between Prometric and VUE will be things like the exam room
(will there be other people in it? How is the air conditioning?) and the
computers available at your local office. I've taken exams at several
different centers and some are definitely better than others.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

"jf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2cc401c49efd$ee03d6c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,i'm planning to take exam 70-305 soon,yet i'm not
> sure which exam center to choose?
>
> Is there a difference in exam content (no.of
> questions,exam time,passing score?) & obviously cost of
> exam?

valko yotov

Hi

I read somewhere that VUE test format is more user friendly espacially for
300 exam (will see in 2 weeks), anyway I just get this month 305,306 and 310
tests at VUE and I am happy with it - I learn from MS training Kit and from
MSDN mostly and the good news is that about 20% of real exam questions was
exactly the same and overall format is absolutely the same as in training
tests from MS Kit )

good luck
Valko