Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > About IIS

About IIS

msl

Hai group, I am going to start my mcad preparation with
the paper 70-315, presently i am having Windows xp-
homeedition OS,I don't want to change my system operating
system,but to work with Webapplications i read as i need
IIS which can be configured if i had XP-Professional or
windows 2000 etc. only, is there any chance for me to
install IIS seperately and work with ASP.NET applications,
or any idea about other servers which can be used with
webapplication development, which can work with xp-home
edition and can be downloaded from net.

Thanks

msl

Hermit Dave

i have heard of hacks on to systems to install IIS
http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_...h/pippo_xp.asp

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020118.htm

http://www.frontpagewebmaster.com/m_182665/tm.htm

more on
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...ll+iis+xp+home

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
"msl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:19aa01c49b44$7e9b39c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hai group, I am going to start my mcad preparation with
> the paper 70-315, presently i am having Windows xp-
> homeedition OS,I don't want to change my system operating
> system,but to work with Webapplications i read as i need
> IIS which can be configured if i had XP-Professional or
> windows 2000 etc. only, is there any chance for me to
> install IIS seperately and work with ASP.NET applications,
> or any idea about other servers which can be used with
> webapplication development, which can work with xp-home
> edition and can be downloaded from net.
>
> Thanks
>
> msl

Jeff Cochran

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:53:15 -0700, "msl"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hai group, I am going to start my mcad preparation with
>the paper 70-315, presently i am having Windows xp-
>homeedition OS,I don't want to change my system operating
>system,but to work with Webapplications i read as i need
>IIS which can be configured if i had XP-Professional or
>windows 2000 etc. only, is there any chance for me to
>install IIS seperately and work with ASP.NET applications,
>or any idea about other servers which can be used with
>webapplication development, which can work with xp-home
>edition and can be downloaded from net.

XP Home has no IIS. You can use a remote server with IIS to test and
develop on your local system though. You can also use some of the
..NET tools/environements that let you test code without IIS, such as
Web Matrix. See:

http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

Jeff

IIS 6 vs IIS 5 ASP.NET Performance Issues JMaelstrom ASP .Net 2 04-30-2010 04:32 PM
IIS 6.0 win2003, IIS users moe_rodrigue MCSE 1 04-01-2004 07:37 AM
IIS 6.0 vs IIS 5.1 Hai Nguyen ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 06:22 AM
ASP.NET application works in IIS PWS, but not in remote IIS. Matthew Louden ASP .Net 3 11-07-2003 09:58 PM
.NET IIS to IIS credentials problem... Grind Boy ASP .Net 4 08-14-2003 12:59 PM

Advertisments