Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Thanks

Thanks

James

Thanks for the advice both of you, I'm getting stuck in
to the self paced training kit right now and although
it's a little dry, it's not heavy-going (not the first
couple of chapters anyway).

I quite like the writing style, it means I have to use my
imagination making my own notes in my own style, which
typing repetition always helps things sink in for me.

I'll definitely check out that other book, it seems that
many people on here are recommending it. And I've got
hold of a bunch of practise tests too.

When are you taking your first exam V? And how many hours
to you reakon you've spent on preparation?

- James

V.

Hi,

My exam is due 6th Octobre at 2:00 PM. I asked to speed
up things to pressure myself studying a bit.
I'm not sure how long I studied on it, I started in July,
but then I've moved to another appartment, I still need
to work 8h a day (at least) etc. etc.
My average is, let's say 2h a day (more in the weekend,
less during the week) so take about 100h until now. I've
read the book entirely and I started my own project.
I've made some samples in the book, but they're so boring.

After reading the book once I got 58% on the practice
exams. My opinion is that you'll need to know some
important details to get the required 70%.

So that's what I'm doing now, looking up some details.
I'll take another practice exam soon to see how I'm doing.

Good luck 2 you.

V.