Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-315 + 70-316 valid combo or not?

Reply
Thread Tools

70-315 + 70-316 valid combo or not?

 
 
Kaell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2004
I have seen mentioned that this combo is not valid.

The website states it is. Can anyone point me to
anything that would say for sure? I would think the MS
web page would be rather authoritative on the matter, but
with the number of posts I've seen that say that what is
stated on the page in regards to this matter is wrong,
I'm looking for more information.

Thanks in Advance

(Oh, by valid combo, I mean can you take on for core and
one for elective.)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
AndyT
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004

Hi Kaell,

The exam requirements seem to clearly state that this is
fine
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...requirements.a
sp) and I sure hope they are or I've got a lot more
learning to do! There is some restriction on using the
same exam but in a different language to complete the
electives (306 and 316 for example) as these are
essentially the same exam but using a different language.
Deatils of this can be found at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/faq.asp.

Hope this helops and I sure hope I'm right!

Andy Tyler

>-----Original Message-----
>I have seen mentioned that this combo is not valid.
>
>The website states it is. Can anyone point me to
>anything that would say for sure? I would think the MS
>web page would be rather authoritative on the matter,

but
>with the number of posts I've seen that say that what is
>stated on the page in regards to this matter is wrong,
>I'm looking for more information.
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>(Oh, by valid combo, I mean can you take on for core and
>one for elective.)
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank Mamone
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004
Just to clarify, it can be the same language but different technology. So if
you do the Web C# you can do the Windows C# and it will count as 2 credits.

-Frank

"AndyT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6ada01c493fb$eead0f90$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Hi Kaell,
>
> The exam requirements seem to clearly state that this is
> fine
> (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...requirements.a
> sp) and I sure hope they are or I've got a lot more
> learning to do! There is some restriction on using the
> same exam but in a different language to complete the
> electives (306 and 316 for example) as these are
> essentially the same exam but using a different language.
> Deatils of this can be found at
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/faq.asp.
>
> Hope this helops and I sure hope I'm right!
>
> Andy Tyler
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >I have seen mentioned that this combo is not valid.
> >
> >The website states it is. Can anyone point me to
> >anything that would say for sure? I would think the MS
> >web page would be rather authoritative on the matter,

> but
> >with the number of posts I've seen that say that what is
> >stated on the page in regards to this matter is wrong,
> >I'm looking for more information.
> >
> >Thanks in Advance
> >
> >(Oh, by valid combo, I mean can you take on for core and
> >one for elective.)
> >.
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
Praveen Sharma
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2004
Let me tell you that for MCSD.Net it's valid but for MCAD
it's not. Sad but it's true.

Best,

Praveen Sharma


>-----Original Message-----
>Just to clarify, it can be the same language but

different technology. So if
>you do the Web C# you can do the Windows C# and it will

count as 2 credits.
>
>-Frank
>
>"AndyT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:6ada01c493fb$eead0f90$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hi Kaell,
>>
>> The exam requirements seem to clearly state that this

is
>> fine
>>

(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...requirements.a
>> sp) and I sure hope they are or I've got a lot more
>> learning to do! There is some restriction on using the
>> same exam but in a different language to complete the
>> electives (306 and 316 for example) as these are
>> essentially the same exam but using a different

language.
>> Deatils of this can be found at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/faq.asp.
>>
>> Hope this helops and I sure hope I'm right!
>>
>> Andy Tyler
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >I have seen mentioned that this combo is not valid.
>> >
>> >The website states it is. Can anyone point me to
>> >anything that would say for sure? I would think the MS
>> >web page would be rather authoritative on the matter,

>> but
>> >with the number of posts I've seen that say that what

is
>> >stated on the page in regards to this matter is wrong,
>> >I'm looking for more information.
>> >
>> >Thanks in Advance
>> >
>> >(Oh, by valid combo, I mean can you take on for core

and
>> >one for elective.)
>> >.
>> >

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
UAError
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2004
"Praveen Sharma" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Let me tell you that for MCSD.Net it's valid but for MCAD
>it's not. Sad but it's true.
>
>Best,
>
>Praveen Sharma
>


And once again an erroneous conclusion based on incomplete
information stated as the truth, creating confusion in the
ranks. I can only assume that you haven't translated the
entire contents of
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp)

There you will find

"If you use Exam 70-305 or 70-315 to satisfy the core exam
requirement, you may use either Exam 70-306 or 70-316 as an
elective.

If you use Exam 70-306 or 70-316 to satisfy the core exam
requirement, you may use either Exam 70-305 or 70-315 as an
elective."

So now you can rejoice - however it does pay to lurk and
learn for a while in a newgroups before you choose to post
(I posted this information just 6 days ago in this very
group) - its OK to post if you are uncertain - but at least
let everybody know that you are unsure and not confuse other
neophytes with false authority.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bragadiru
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2004
It is valid for MCAD, too.
I'm MCAD with 315 + 316 + 320.

"Praveen Sharma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8ced01c4d1de$8c1185c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Let me tell you that for MCSD.Net it's valid but for MCAD
> it's not. Sad but it's true.
>
> Best,
>
> Praveen Sharma
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Just to clarify, it can be the same language but

> different technology. So if
> >you do the Web C# you can do the Windows C# and it will

> count as 2 credits.
> >
> >-Frank
> >
> >"AndyT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> message
> >news:6ada01c493fb$eead0f90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> Hi Kaell,
> >>
> >> The exam requirements seem to clearly state that this

> is
> >> fine
> >>

> (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...requirements.a
> >> sp) and I sure hope they are or I've got a lot more
> >> learning to do! There is some restriction on using the
> >> same exam but in a different language to complete the
> >> electives (306 and 316 for example) as these are
> >> essentially the same exam but using a different

> language.
> >> Deatils of this can be found at
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/faq.asp.
> >>
> >> Hope this helops and I sure hope I'm right!
> >>
> >> Andy Tyler
> >>
> >> >-----Original Message-----
> >> >I have seen mentioned that this combo is not valid.
> >> >
> >> >The website states it is. Can anyone point me to
> >> >anything that would say for sure? I would think the MS
> >> >web page would be rather authoritative on the matter,
> >> but
> >> >with the number of posts I've seen that say that what

> is
> >> >stated on the page in regards to this matter is wrong,
> >> >I'm looking for more information.
> >> >
> >> >Thanks in Advance
> >> >
> >> >(Oh, by valid combo, I mean can you take on for core

> and
> >> >one for elective.)
> >> >.
> >> >

> >
> >
> >.
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to reference one combo box from another combo box SM Javascript 2 04-28-2007 04:49 PM
Fill Combo Box based on another Combo Box dthmtlgod ASP General 1 11-16-2005 04:08 PM
Review: A.C.Ryan Backy™ Combo & SATA Combo Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 0 06-20-2005 03:37 AM
CDRW/DVD combo drive some times will not read the CD Wireless Networking 1 07-30-2004 07:15 PM



Advertisments