Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Just Passed

Just Passed

Chike

Hi Everyone,

I stepped out of my test center an hour or so ago having
just passed my first MCP ... the 070-315 I made a
comfortable score of 925.

For all those aiming to pass the exam soon, I'll advise U
to read Amit Kalani's book; MCAD/MCSD Developing and
Implementing Web Applications with Visual C#.NET and
Visual Studio.NET. The book is very thorough while
covering the exam requirements.

Though some of the questions where outside what the book
had covered, I was able to overcome them with prior
knowledge.

Anyway; best of luck to all those taking the 70-315 exam
after me!

news.microsoft.com

hi chike,

congrates on clearing 70-315. i am also pursuing 70-315, if you have
Amit Kalani's ebook "MCAD/MCSD Developing and Implementing Web
Applications with Visual C#.NET and Visual Studio.NET" and can share it
with me ..... please ..... i will be grateful to you.

bye

SSS

Hey man u got good score,Congrats.
How is the test, like how many questions u got and how
much is alloted time for it,around how many questions u
got having multiple answers? Please share some of the
tips and advice for the exam.I am taking my 305 Paper
next Week,Thanks in advance.
..

bb

news.microsoft.com wrote:
> hi chike,
>
> congrates on clearing 70-315. i am also pursuing 70-315, if you
> have Amit Kalani's ebook "MCAD/MCSD Developing and Implementing Web
> Applications with Visual C#.NET and Visual Studio.NET" and can share it
> with me ..... please ..... i will be grateful to you.
>
> bye

i have the e-book.

i have it because i bought the f*cking book.

why dont you do the people that put time onto producing such a good book
a favour and go buy it, rather than lamely attempting to scab copies
of it from the official mcad newsgroup.

--
------------------------
Think your smart?

Eric

news.microsoft.com wrote:

> congrates on clearing 70-315. i am also pursuing 70-315, if you
> have Amit Kalani's ebook "MCAD/MCSD Developing and Implementing Web
> Applications with Visual C#.NET and Visual Studio.NET" and can share
> it with me ..... please ..... i will be grateful to you.

Sharing is illegal. You can buy the book and then you'll own a legal
copy.

Eric

Chike

I'm not sure of the total amount of alotted time; I think
it is 140 mins or so. There is a countdown that is on the
screen and I had 38 minutes left by the time I finished.

I can't describe the test as being difficult per se, but
everything depends on the experience you have and how
well you prepared for the exam. Kalani's book is fine, I
have both the big one and ExamCram book. I really combed
through the big one, doing all the exercises and
implementing all the code. I then did the Practice exams
in the Big book and the ExamCram Book and did very well
in both. That is all I read and revised for the exam,
though I have some "Field Experience" in C# and ASP.NET

Don't worry about the nature of the exam; just prepare
U'rself for anything they throw at U!

gomzi

Hi Chike,

CONGRATS on passing the exam. I shall be sitting for this
exam *soon* and have been preparing for it for quite
sometime. I scored an 83% on the online assessment exam
at the MS website. Do you think the questions in that
test are a good indicator of the real exam? I have 2+ yrs
exp in web programming, but none in .net so im a little
nervous abt my chances...
I would be very grateful for any tips on the exam...

Thanx

Stranger

Chike,
Can you tell us if the exam was adaptive or fixed format?

Thanks

"Chike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<2d9501c470c0$45e16e50$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I'm not sure of the total amount of alotted time; I think
> it is 140 mins or so. There is a countdown that is on the
> screen and I had 38 minutes left by the time I finished.
>
> I can't describe the test as being difficult per se, but
> everything depends on the experience you have and how
> well you prepared for the exam. Kalani's book is fine, I
> have both the big one and ExamCram book. I really combed
> through the big one, doing all the exercises and
> implementing all the code. I then did the Practice exams
> in the Big book and the ExamCram Book and did very well
> in both. That is all I read and revised for the exam,
> though I have some "Field Experience" in C# and ASP.NET
>
> Don't worry about the nature of the exam; just prepare
> U'rself for anything they throw at U!

Eric

Pollux wrote:

> There is no difference between an adaptive and a fixed
> exam, except if you really know your stuff, you'll finish quicker.

True, and if you don't know your stuff you'll still be in there for the
same amount of time. They don't take any time away, but you can finish
faster if you get the hard questions right.

The idea is that once you've racked up enough points to pass, there's
no point in keeping you in the test center any longer. You can go get a
beer instead of sitting in that chair and sweating over more questions.

Eric

Eric

gomzi wrote:

> I scored an 83% on the online assessment exam
> at the MS website.

You don't need any tips if you scored 83% on the online assessment.
I've never seen a score so high - assuming you didn't keep retaking it
all day long.

Eric