Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > VS.NET 2005

VS.NET 2005

JuanDG

Does somebody knows the future of the certification exams 70-305, 70-315, 70-310, 70-316, 70-306, 70-320 once Visual Studio 2005 it’s in the market?
Will they be updated? Or they will be replaced by new exams?

What’s going to happen with MCAD.NET and MCSD.NET credentials obtained before VS.NET 2005?? Is it going to be a migration path? Or they will continue to be valid without passing new exams?

I’m very curious about this subject I was wondering if you can help me.

Thanks,

--
Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional

Eric

JuanDG wrote:

> Does somebody knows the future of the certification exams 70-305,
> 70-315, 70-310, 70-316, 70-306, 70-320 once Visual Studio 2005 it’s
> in the market? Will they be updated? Or they will be replaced by new
> exams?

These will eventually be phased out and new tests will be offered. Your
certifications on these tests will remain valid, but employers might
want to see you take the new tests.

It's not wise to add new material to an existing test, because people
who took that test already didn't get asked about the new material.

Of course, we don't know yet if there will be any changes for VS2005.

I hope they offer a more up-to-date test on Web Services, though. The
current test is a little dated - web services have been evolving - they
should test people on the Basic Profile and WSE 2.

Eric

Michael Geurtjens

There was a webcast by Jacob Cynamon, MSDN Developer Community Champion, who
said that there would be new exams for VS2005.

You can hear this for yourself on

http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/We...CountryCode=US

The webcast is entitled:
Preparing for your next MCAD or MCSD exam—Level 200