Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Just passed 70-306. How I did it?

Just passed 70-306. How I did it?

Shakib

Just to share some of my info w/ those who like to take
this test. I just passed the 70-306 test. This exam was
tougher than I thought. It was worth the effort though. I
have learned a lot.

It took me a total of 1.5 months to prepare for it: One
month to study for several hours a day and two weeks
taking different sample tests and studying accordingly.

I am a very slow reader, have pretty good background in
VB 6.0, zero background in VB. NET. I also have a PhD in
Engineering, which just shows I'm used to taking exams in
general.

The book that I read word by word was the Self-paced
Microsoft book (500 pages) by Matthew Stoecker. Its
sample questions were a little too difficult, but good.
Also bought Mike Gunderloy's book by QUE Certification,
but didn't have time to use it much. That one is a little
too detailed (1000 pages). Its sample questions were a
little too easy, but good. Several of the answers to
sample questions were wrong though.

I used getcertified4less.com to use one of their packages
to register for the exam; that way it only cost me $35
for the Transcender sample questions, which is normally
over $110. The exam itself stays as $125. I thought the
Transcender questions were totally worth it. Especially
the comprehensive explanations to even the wrong choices
in questions. The difficulty of its questions were just
right. i.e., not too difficult, not too easy. Also used
walshsw.com, which had good sample questions w/ a great
price ($3). Some of its answers were wrong though, but
worth the try.

The collection of Transcender's, WSW'S, Microsoft's, and
Que's sample questions pretty much covered the real exam
questions. i.e., The ones that you see in braindumps,
which are wrong and unreliable. I did look at braindumps,
but didn't trust them, didn't rely on them; just wanted
to get a feel of how hard the questions are. It was good
b/c I noticed for example that Microsoft's questions in
Stoecker's book are just way too long, w/ way too little
time. Nothing like the real exam. One doesn't really need
braindumps to pass this exam.

Hope this helps. This is NOT an easy exam, but it is a
good challenge!

Shakib

James

Congrats....

I am going to take 70-306 tomorrow I hope it goes well.

Best Regards
-James

Marty McFly

Thanks for the post, Shakib.

That was probably the best I've read that details exactly how you prepared.
I've never heard of getcertified4less.com, good to know!

"Shakib" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2bfc601c46911$684c06f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just to share some of my info w/ those who like to take
> this test. I just passed the 70-306 test. This exam was
> tougher than I thought. It was worth the effort though. I
> have learned a lot.
>
> It took me a total of 1.5 months to prepare for it: One
> month to study for several hours a day and two weeks
> taking different sample tests and studying accordingly.
>
> I am a very slow reader, have pretty good background in
> VB 6.0, zero background in VB. NET. I also have a PhD in
> Engineering, which just shows I'm used to taking exams in
> general.
>
> The book that I read word by word was the Self-paced
> Microsoft book (500 pages) by Matthew Stoecker. Its
> sample questions were a little too difficult, but good.
> Also bought Mike Gunderloy's book by QUE Certification,
> but didn't have time to use it much. That one is a little
> too detailed (1000 pages). Its sample questions were a
> little too easy, but good. Several of the answers to
> sample questions were wrong though.
>
> I used getcertified4less.com to use one of their packages
> to register for the exam; that way it only cost me $35
> for the Transcender sample questions, which is normally
> over $110. The exam itself stays as $125. I thought the
> Transcender questions were totally worth it. Especially
> the comprehensive explanations to even the wrong choices
> in questions. The difficulty of its questions were just
> right. i.e., not too difficult, not too easy. Also used
> walshsw.com, which had good sample questions w/ a great
> price ($3). Some of its answers were wrong though, but
> worth the try.
>
> The collection of Transcender's, WSW'S, Microsoft's, and
> Que's sample questions pretty much covered the real exam
> questions. i.e., The ones that you see in braindumps,
> which are wrong and unreliable. I did look at braindumps,
> but didn't trust them, didn't rely on them; just wanted
> to get a feel of how hard the questions are. It was good
> b/c I noticed for example that Microsoft's questions in
> Stoecker's book are just way too long, w/ way too little
> time. Nothing like the real exam. One doesn't really need
> braindumps to pass this exam.
>
> Hope this helps. This is NOT an easy exam, but it is a
> good challenge!
>
> Shakib

James

Mission Completed passed 70-306 today

-James

Surbhi

Hello,

Your brief is very helpful ... I'm planning to take the
exam in 2 mnths. I have Matthew Stoecker book and I'm
reading it ... is this all I need to learn?? What about
Amit Kalani's book and Franceso Balena's book. Did you do
small projects also in VB.net or learning only. I have
experience in VB6.0 but new to .net. Pls guide.

Regards
Surbhi

Eric

Surbhi wrote:

> Did you do
> small projects also in VB.net or learning only.

You need Mike Gunderloy's book on 70-306. It has a lot of examples.

Eric

Stranger

Can you guys tell me if 70-305 is an adaptive test (CBT???) or is it a
fixed format test?
Thanks