Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-306 or 70-216 which test is harder?

70-306 or 70-216 which test is harder?

GeorgeM

I'm trying to get my mcdba certification and I'm planning on taking
one of these two tests for my elective. I'm already certified on
Oracle so my background is mostly in the administrative area, I
haven't done a hole lot of programming but I have done simple shell
scripting in unix and such so I think I could pass one of the
programming tests if I study like crazy. I've seen some other posts
about how hard the 70-216 test is which would have been my first
choice so I wanted to see if anyone has taken both 70-306 and 70-216
and could share which one they would recommend. Any insight is much
appreciated.

Thanks,
George

Eric

70-306 is harder.

Marty McFly

70-306 is harder? REALLY?? I took 70-216 (after three months' preparation)
twice and failed miserably. I have never had trouble with ANY of the 10+
Microsoft exams under my belt except for that one.

Thankfully, I got out of networking and am into developing. I'm preparing
for 70-306 right now...are there certain topics to watch out for, or should
I just quit now before I spend $125 for the exam?

<Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 70-306 is harder.

Eric

Marty McFly wrote:

> 70-306 is harder? REALLY?? I took 70-216 (after three months'
> preparation) twice and failed miserably. I have never had trouble
> with ANY of the 10+ Microsoft exams under my belt except for that one.

I assume you know that MS has revamped their exams and the .NET exams
are the hardest they've ever had. Which isn't saying that it's bad to
have hard tests ... consider the reason for the tests: to show who
knows how to do the job.

> Thankfully, I got out of networking and am into developing. I'm
> preparing for 70-306 right now...are there certain topics to watch
> out for, or should I just quit now before I spend $125 for the exam?

I recommend actual hands-on experience before taking any of the .NET
exams.

Eric

Marty McFly

<Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Marty McFly wrote:
>
> > 70-306 is harder? REALLY?? I took 70-216 (after three months'
> > preparation) twice and failed miserably. I have never had trouble
> > with ANY of the 10+ Microsoft exams under my belt except for that one.

> I assume you know that MS has revamped their exams and the .NET exams
> are the hardest they've ever had.

Nope...I didn't know that...good to know.

>Which isn't saying that it's bad to
> have hard tests ... consider the reason for the tests: to show who
> knows how to do the job.
>
> > Thankfully, I got out of networking and am into developing. I'm
> > preparing for 70-306 right now...are there certain topics to watch
> > out for, or should I just quit now before I spend $125 for the exam?
> >

> I recommend actual hands-on experience before taking any of the .NET
> exams.

Yes, sir! (I once worked with a CNA (Certified Novell Administrator) that
gave me a lot of blank stares when we talked about private IP addresses...so
very sad.)

> Eric

Eric

Marty McFly wrote:

> Yes, sir! (I once worked with a CNA (Certified Novell Administrator)
> that gave me a lot of blank stares when we talked about private IP
> addresses...so very sad.)

I think he works for my company now

Eric

Marty McFly

<Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Marty McFly wrote:
>
> > Yes, sir! (I once worked with a CNA (Certified Novell Administrator)
> > that gave me a lot of blank stares when we talked about private IP
> > addresses...so very sad.)

> I think he works for my company now

Good luck. I may know of a few risk management certifications you could
pursue.