Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > MCAD now or later

MCAD now or later

julie

My question is, VS 2005 is coming out next year. If I
get an MCAD certification, do I need to re-certify on the
new version? Is it better to spend the time now and get
certified or wait and do it next year on the new
version? Or doesn't it work that way?

Eric

julie wrote:

> My question is, VS 2005 is coming out next year. If I
> get an MCAD certification, do I need to re-certify on the
> new version? Is it better to spend the time now and get
> certified or wait and do it next year on the new
> version? Or doesn't it work that way?

Your certification on the current tests will still be valid. They might
add new tests at some point, but they won't take away your credentials
on VS 2003.

Sometimes it takes 6 months before they release new tests after a major
version upgrade. I don't think I'd like to wait another year to get
certified.

Eric