Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-229 with MSDE?

70-229 with MSDE?

jmc

Hi all, I'm about to start preparing for 70-229, I plan on using the Que
book by Moore. I was wondering whether the MSDE version of SQL Server would
be sufficient for use in preparing for this exam? Thanks.

Eric

jmc wrote:

> Hi all, I'm about to start preparing for 70-229, I plan on using the
> Que book by Moore. I was wondering whether the MSDE version of SQL
> Server would be sufficient for use in preparing for this exam?
> Thanks.

No, it wouldn't. Many of the test questions are based on the GUI tools
that don't come with MSDE: Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer,
Profiler, etc.

Eric

Eric

jmc wrote:

> Hi all, I'm about to start preparing for 70-229, I plan on using the
> Que book by Moore. I was wondering whether the MSDE version of SQL
> Server would be sufficient for use in preparing for this exam?
> Thanks.

The developer version of SQL Server is good enough, and you can get it
for under $50.

Eric