Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > exam structure of 70-306 (VB.NET)?

exam structure of 70-306 (VB.NET)?

Shakib

Hi,

I took Microsoft Version 4.0 practice test for 70-306,
which came w/ Matthew Stoecker's book just yesterday. The
quality of questions were good, but it gave me very
little info on how the real test is performed. It was 50
questions with 50 minutes time.

Is the real exam also 50 questions w/ 50 minutes time?
How many correct answers would be a pass? I have the same
question for 70-305 also.

Thanks for your help.

Shakib

Real exam contains 50-60 questions and would be 90-120
mins long. In my case, the 70-305 exam had 55 questions
for 120 mins.

The passing score is 700. But, I'm not sure whether all
questions carry equal weightage (for some questions, you
need to select 2 or 3 correct choices). Therefore, it's
difficult to translate it into the number of questions
needed to pass !

- Raja.

Shakib

Thanks a lot Raja. I feel much better now especially for
the time of exam. BTW, is 700 out of 1000?

Shakib

Raja

My belief was that too, until I saw some posts on this
forum, where people mentioned getting scores of above
1000 ! Unfortunately, MS doesn't specify the max score
anywhere.

- Raja.

AFAIK

>"Shakib" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:1996801c44d96$fd42c0a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks a lot Raja. I feel much better now especially for
>> the time of exam. BTW, is 700 out of 1000?
>>
>> Shakib

Sean

I read that microsoft is moving toward what is called "adaptive-Exam" which makes it hard to get a feel how you are doing based on a "correct" or "incorrect" answer.
The test themselves are not harder but what they do is test your knowedge based on the first few questions then move into a "harder" category or "easier" category depending on your answers then back and forth, again depending on how you answer. In the end its a complicated formula that decides if you pass or fail.

"Raja" wrote:

> My belief was that too, until I saw some posts on this
> forum, where people mentioned getting scores of above
> 1000 ! Unfortunately, MS doesn't specify the max score
> anywhere.
>
> - Raja.

Eric

Sean wrote:

> I read that microsoft is moving toward what is called "adaptive-Exam"

From what I understand, it's basically the same questions. They hit you
with the hardest questions up front. If you get them all right you
don't have to answer the easier questions.

It's intended to save time. If you know your stuff, you can be done in
45 minutes, instead of 90+ minutes.

The only downside I see is that you can't go back to questions again to
reconsider your answers.

I've also heard that this idea was used on a trial basis, but didn't
seem to be well accepted by test-takers. I'm not sure if they'll use
this in the future.

Eric