Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Best MCSD books

Reply
Thread Tools

Best MCSD books

 
 
Peter Xu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2004
Hi,

I just did some research about "Best MCSD books" on the market. It seems
everyone likes Amit Kalani 's books, is there any other alternatives?

I just read MS's core requirements books, they were not good. I'm not
confident to take the exam after reading all that 4 books. So I'm going to
buy another set of books to prepare exam further, and also looking for a
good practise exam to use.

Can I see Amit Kalani + TestKing is the best combination? I found Exam Cram
as well, someone recommend that, is that good?

thanks.
peter


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-09-2004
Peter Xu wrote:

> Can I see Amit Kalani + TestKing is the best combination?


Kalani is great. TestKing is a bottom-feeder dumping company.

>I found Exam Cram as well, someone recommend that, is that good?


Exam Cram is useful for 70-300 (bec. Kalani doesn't cover this one),
but I generally think their questions are too easy.

Transcenders and MeasureUp have good practice tests.

Eric
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Peter Xu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-11-2004
thanks, Eric;

It's really helpful.

I bought Kanlani's book just now, and trying couple of tests from,
possiblily I will choose Transcenders.

70-300 is still not on my schedule, I'm just starting ot prepare for 70-315,
my path will be 70-315, 70-320, 70-229, they will give me MCSD on C#,
because my current job is mainly about web, that should be a good path.

For the exam cram, I found a good way to get it free ( for just a limited
time), if you go to http://safari.examcram2.com, you can register for a 14
days trail free, and you can choose 10 books to read. I think this is good
saving for man people.



<Eric> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter Xu wrote:
>
> > Can I see Amit Kalani + TestKing is the best combination?

>
> Kalani is great. TestKing is a bottom-feeder dumping company.
>
> >I found Exam Cram as well, someone recommend that, is that good?

>
> Exam Cram is useful for 70-300 (bec. Kalani doesn't cover this one),
> but I generally think their questions are too easy.
>
> Transcenders and MeasureUp have good practice tests.
>
> Eric



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-11-2004
Peter Xu wrote:

> For the exam cram, I found a good way to get it free ( for just a
> limited time), if you go to http://safari.examcram2.com, you can
> register for a 14 days trail free, and you can choose 10 books to
> read. I think this is good saving for man people.


This isn't a bad company, but with only 14 days for a trial you have to
familier with the material to begin with.

Eric
 
Reply With Quote
 
I R T
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2004
"Peter Xu" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>
> 70-300 is still not on my schedule, I'm just starting ot prepare for 70-315,
> my path will be 70-315, 70-320, 70-229, they will give me MCSD on C#,
> because my current job is mainly about web, that should be a good path.


I am planning 315 , 316, 320 since I want to do the
Win Apps C# and Web Appls C#.

Plus these count to the MCSD.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Design Patterns Books and Best Practices Books. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 4 07-01-2005 07:29 AM
Books, books, books: best reference texts for Verilog and VHDL HDL Book Seller VHDL 0 12-01-2004 02:26 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
exchange MCSD books for security books MCSD Frank MCSA 0 01-12-2004 12:17 AM
exchange MCSD books for security books MCSD Frank MCSE 0 01-12-2004 12:17 AM



Advertisments