Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Passed 315 (5/28/2004)

Passed 315 (5/28/2004)

Rahul

Sorry for reposting. Been trying to post this as a new thread
-----------
Just passed 70-315 with 884.

My Background:
Have done just one 'proper' project in .NET and that too about writing
a windows service. But that got me aquainted with .NET and syntax and
all that. I was coding in java for more than a year (before February
2003) but that was a very good groundwork for my concepts et al for
C#. Afer that it was all ASP and SQL till beginning of 2004 when I
picked up .NET

Resources used:
* The 'GOD' book - Amit kalani's
* Microsoft's-MCAD/MCSD-Developing web applications with MS VB.NET and
C#.NET
* Tim's online notes
* transender exams
* some yahoo groups
* online questions from different sites
* qod.com

Preparation:
* The 'GOD' book - kalani's (read each page, solved all exercises -
except guided ones, this was my FIRST exposure to ASP.NET and C#)
* Microsoft's - MCAD/MCSD - Developing web applications with MS VB.NET
and C#.NET (not all chapters only some, though an excellent book many
topics are irrelevant if your soul purpose is to pass 315)
* Tim's online notes (excellent notes - the best I feel, simply
because they point to MSDN articles; skimmed through most
articles/links in last 2 days before my exam)
* transender exams - very good preparation to get you in the zone/mood
(scores -720, 800, 800)
* working full time and married
* took about 3 months on the whole, but very limited preparation on a
daily basis as such - somewhere about 1.5 hrs on an average.

My experience:
A pretty straightforward exam if you are well prepared (Duh!).
No, seriously, you need to be sure that you are well prepared for the
exam as the questions can get tricky sometimes.
Read as much material as possible to get maximum information. Again,
'MSDN articles' is the best resource per moa.
Try to get mock exams/sample questions and such - that helps.
Testing out the finer points by writing code also helps a lot as then
it gets embossed in your brain (for awhile atleast).
Get the evaluation copy of SQL server, the .NET framework (free) and
the free .NET IDE (SharpDevelop etc) and start coding to get practise.
Of course if you can get licensed versions and VS .NET that is the
best.
There are some standard questions that should jump out to you while
studying itself - from topics like controls(user,custom), migration
from ASP to .NET, globalization, accessibility etc.

Remember - Practice makes man perfect (or is it practise!!??)

Chetna

Thanks Rahul for letting me know about it.
Can you please let me know about Tim's online notes and
transcender exams too.

How many exams are there?
How will rate the level of difficulty of the exam as
compared to transcender exam.

Rahul

> Can you please let me know about Tim's online notes and
> transcender exams too.

Tim's notes are at:
http://www.codeclinic.com/70-315skills.htm

That is one of the best resources I felt as the links (most of them)
point directly to MSDN and 'there ain't nothing better than MSDN'.

> How many exams are there?

There are 3 exams in transcender. The interface is pretty similar to
what you will have during the actual thing.

> How will rate the level of difficulty of the exam as
> compared to transcender exam.

They are pretty good (Right ... as if that helps )
Transcender exams have a passing score set at 850 and you can be
pretty assured of passing the actual 70-315 exam if you can score 850+
in 2 out of 3 of them. If you get 800+ in 2 out of three then also
chances are pretty good that you shall clear the actual thing. Also
try to read the MSDN articles that are referenced. That is IMHO. BE
SURE TO REVISE THE QUESTIONS YOU GOT WRONG AND ALSO GO THROUGH THE
EXPLANATION FOR THE ONES YOU GOT CORRECT.

Be very careful about the time it takes to complete the practise exams
as it can be very misleading. Typically, we are not all that watchful
while taking a practise exam ... but during the actual thing we check
2 sometimes 3 times and that may push you for time at the end of the
exam.

Be confident and cool and you will succeed. I hope that helps. All the
best.

dess

Hi,

I was very much impressed by your posting in microsoft
site. Well I have couple questions like how was the exam
pattern and the total number of questions in 70-315 exam.

If possible could you please reply to my mail-id:

I appreciate your time and help.

Thanks
Dess

Rahul

Hi Dess,

Sorry for the late reply ... was busy studying for my Java
certificatioon exam ... just passed it an hour back.

Exam pattern:
I am not sure what you are asking exactly here ....??
Let me try still ....there is no set pattern as such .... questions
are thrown in randomly on different topics. But ... IMO ... there is a
lot of weightage on the topics: Deployment, Security
settings/configurations and user services.
A real world .NET development experience will definitely help ... but
really speaking any Object Oriented programming language experience is
just as useful.

total number of questions in 70-315 exam:
57 (or 5

I am not sure about the relevance of my reply .. do ask more if you
have any doubt.

Take care,
Rahul.

"dess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<1de6001c4549b$870089c0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi,
>
> I was very much impressed by your posting in microsoft
> site. Well I have couple questions like how was the exam
> pattern and the total number of questions in 70-315 exam.
>
> If possible could you please reply to my mail-id:
> (E-Mail Removed).
>
> I appreciate your time and help.
>
> Thanks
> Dess

Sam

Dear Rahul:
Thanks for your threads i've gone thru all of them and they r
informative i must say....By the way how much marks does 70-315 carry?
Sam

(E-Mail Removed) (Rahul) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi Dess,
>
> Sorry for the late reply ... was busy studying for my Java
> certificatioon exam ... just passed it an hour back.
>
> Exam pattern:
> I am not sure what you are asking exactly here ....??
> Let me try still ....there is no set pattern as such .... questions
> are thrown in randomly on different topics. But ... IMO ... there is a
> lot of weightage on the topics: Deployment, Security
> settings/configurations and user services.
> A real world .NET development experience will definitely help ... but
> really speaking any Object Oriented programming language experience is
> just as useful.
>
> total number of questions in 70-315 exam:
> 57 (or 5
>
> I am not sure about the relevance of my reply .. do ask more if you
> have any doubt.
>
> Take care,
> Rahul.
>
> "dess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<1de6001c4549b$870089c0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was very much impressed by your posting in microsoft
> > site. Well I have couple questions like how was the exam
> > pattern and the total number of questions in 70-315 exam.
> >
> > If possible could you please reply to my mail-id:
> > (E-Mail Removed).
> >
> > I appreciate your time and help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dess

Rahul

Hi Sam,

I would really appreciate it if you could reply to my post at

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...d%26start%3D25

so that we can have the postss in one place.

Thanks,
Rahul.

Disconnect between Kalani 70-315 and Self Test Software 70-315? bsarka@gmail.com MCAD 2 04-13-2005 03:30 AM
Re: 72-315 and 70-315 Syanide MCSD 0 08-08-2003 03:59 PM
Re: 70-315 passed.... asadeen MCSD 0 07-01-2003 02:44 AM
Re: 70-315 passed.... Irshad MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:01 PM
Re: 70-315 passed.... fazal_thaha MCSD 0 06-30-2003 09:51 AM

Advertisments