Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > general question

general question

Emmanuel Lambert

At my local exam center I can schedule any of the MCAD exams, but do I
need to formally declare that I want to obtain the MCAD degree? Or
will Microsoft automatically give me the MCAD degree once I have
passed sufficient exams?
The secretary of the exam center was not able to give me a good
response to that.
How does this work?

regards,
Emmanuel Lambert
Belgium

Cindy Winegarden

In news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
Emmanuel Lambert <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ..... do I
> need to formally declare that I want to obtain the MCAD degree? Or
> will Microsoft automatically give me the MCAD degree once I have
> passed sufficient exams?

Hi Emmanuel,

Microsoft will automatically give you whatever certification level you have
achieved once you pass the required tests and your transcript has been
updated.

(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

SJ

You don't need to formally declare your intentions. Microsoft keeps
track; after passing the first test, you'll be an MCP and after you've
completed the requisite tests, you'll be an MCAD.

Pay attention to the emails you get from Microsoft though. They
explain the process of how to confirm your mailing address and request
you welcome kit. If you don't request it, you very well may never
receive it.

sj
MCAD, MCSD
www.certquest.net

(E-Mail Removed) (Emmanuel Lambert) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> At my local exam center I can schedule any of the MCAD exams, but do I
> need to formally declare that I want to obtain the MCAD degree? Or
> will Microsoft automatically give me the MCAD degree once I have
> passed sufficient exams?
> The secretary of the exam center was not able to give me a good
> response to that.
> How does this work?
>
> regards,
> Emmanuel Lambert
> Belgium

Michal Boleslav Mechura

> At my local exam center I can schedule any of the MCAD exams, but do I
> need to formally declare that I want to obtain the MCAD degree? Or
> will Microsoft automatically give me the MCAD degree once I have
> passed sufficient exams?

Sorry for the nit-picking but MCAD is not a degree. MCAD is a certification. A degree is something you get from a university.

Michal