Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-306

70-306

Sanjay

How is developing windows based applications with
Microsoft visual basic .net book by
Matthew a. Stoecker from microsoft press.

Do I need to study additional material?

Appreciate your time

Thanks

SJ

Do you need additional study material? Absolutely.

I truly don't think the MSPress books are designed as a single source
with any of the exams, at least that has not been my experience wtih
any of them, including this one.

As a supplement to the MSPress book for this test, (or instead of),
here's a good source:
MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-305): Developing and Implementing Web
Applications with Visual Basic.NET and Visual Studio.NET by Mike
Gunderloy Que ISBN 0789728184

I never stop at a single book, but Gunderloy has done an excellent job
at presenting the relevant material on the test.

HTH,

sj
MCAD, MCSD...
www.certquest.net

"Sanjay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<1535001c445dc$917aead0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> How is developing windows based applications with
> Microsoft visual basic .net book by
> Matthew a. Stoecker from microsoft press.
>
> Do I need to study additional material?
>
> Appreciate your time
>
> Thanks

Eric

Sanjay wrote:

> How is developing windows based applications with
> Microsoft visual basic .net book by
> Matthew a. Stoecker from microsoft press.

Get the Que book by Mike Gunderloy (the Training Guide). You'll be glad
you did.

But, if you can memorize what you read the first time, the MSPress book
is better.

Eric

Sanjay

Thank you guys for your reply.

It was too late I asked the question about MS press book.
As I had a test on the next day. I Appeared for test 70-
306 on 05/30/04 and cleared with 825 score.

Could you please tell me which book I should use for test
70-229. I am selecting 70-310 and 70-229 for MCAD in
addition to 70-706. Is it good combination?

Please advise.

Sanjay

Eric

Sanjay wrote:

> It was too late I asked the question about MS press book.
> As I had a test on the next day. I Appeared for test 70-
> 306 on 05/30/04 and cleared with 825 score.

Congrats!

> Could you please tell me which book I should use for test
> 70-229.

I used the Sybex book along with Transcenders. I don't really like that
book much, but it was the best one I could find for 70-229. If you have
some background in SQL Server you might get by with Transcenders or
MeasureUp only.

> I am selecting 70-310 and 70-229 for MCAD in
> addition to 70-706. Is it good combination?

I assume you mean 70-306. This is a good combo.

Eric

HI Eric:

Could you tell me what is transcenders for 70-229? Also
Could you please tell me the ISBN number for the book you
mentioned?

Thanks

Sanjay

Eric

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Could you tell me what is transcenders for 70-229? Also
> Could you please tell me the ISBN number for the book you
> mentioned?

This is the Sybex book on 70-229:
ISBN: 0782129420

Transcenders for 70-229: