Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Long lond to prepare for 70-305

Long lond to prepare for 70-305

billy

I'm a programmer with about 3 yrs commercial exp.
Little .NET knowledge so far -- how long do you think it
would take get to a level suitable for the exam ?

3 or 6 months assuming you work on it a few hours a week ?
Or will it take much longer.

Charles Green

Billy wrote:
>> I'm a programmer with about 3 yrs commercial exp.
>> Little .NET knowledge so far -- how long do you think it
>> would take get to a level suitable for the exam ?

> 3 or 6 months assuming you work on it a few hours a week ?
> Or will it take much longer.

What types of languages do you have experence with? VB6?

Charles

My background is VB6 and SQL2000.
Also Perl

Charles Green

Billy with
3yrs of commercial VB 6 and SQL2000 experience you should be
in good shape in as little as 1 - 2 months depending on how much
time you have to study. I have seen books that are designed exspecially
for people moving from VB6 to VB.NET.

Charles

Eric

billy wrote:

> I'm a programmer with about 3 yrs commercial exp.
> Little .NET knowledge so far -- how long do you think it
> would take get to a level suitable for the exam ?
>
> 3 or 6 months assuming you work on it a few hours a week ?
> Or will it take much longer.

I'd say maybe 2 or 3 months if you use the Mike Gunderloy Traing Guide
book for 70-305. You need to do a lot of the examples at first, but you
can skip some after you get more familier with it.

Once you finish the 70-305, the other tests should take less time
(70-310 and 70-306).