Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > I passed 316

I passed 316

Jackie

I just got home after taking the 316. I kept thinking this
test is a joke. It seemed so easy. All the while I was
clicking the wrong answers! I just barely passed. My
lowest score of the 3 but a passing score and now I have
achieved the MCAD.

Now has anyone recently passed the 229? What study
material do you suggests. Thanks.

Please i needed some info.

Did u take any practice tests after studying book.I am
preparing for my very first exam.305

Any information will be appreciated.Thanks.

psinyc

congradulations, how was 70-320 compared to 315 and 316?
Pete

Jackie

Hi Pete,
as you know, I took 315 then 320 then 316. That order
worked for me because 315 is asp.net and web services
which set me up well for the services and components. Alot
of 320 was a review and more in-depth information that was
in 315 with addition stuff about the CLR search paths and
COM and COM+. Then 316 was just a review of much of 315
(without asp.net) and 320 plus the printing and drawing
thrown in.

The exam for 316 read alot like 315. I don't think I got
any printing or drawing questions on mine. Mostly ADO.net
which was covered in 315. But then again, I didn't get a
really high score so maybe I wasn't reading the questions
very well.

Good luck! Which did you decide to do next? I'm going to
tackel Viera's Professional SQL Server 2000 book and I
think I'll get the transcender test for 70-229. I plan on
taking about 2 months(1 month to go through the book, then
the practice tests, then re-study as necessary) for this
one instead of the 2 and 3 weeks that I did for the other
3 tests. I did those from 1/10 to 4/3 Just under 3 months.

Jackie

Jackie

You, or anyone else for that matter, has to have a good
understanding of how you learn best and of course your
available resources. I read Amit Kalani's books, did the
examples/labs, end of chapter review and exam questions,
end of book exam and practice exam on the CD. I did do the
free skills assessment tests on Microsoft (links to
measureup) but I did not review the subject matter because
of the results of either the CD or measureup. I just kinda
did them to do them. I did no transcenders and I had no
prior experience with .NET, no ADO or ASP or C#(I do have
good C++ work experience) but I am also a fast learner, a
discipline learner, and had always been an A student in
school and college, not to mention not lacking in self-
confidence/bravery (that goes a looonnnggg way).

I'll be more cautious in attempt of 229 and 300 though and
take a bit more time and (now that I'm working) get the
transcenders practice tests for those.

Jackie

Thanks ..That info helps a lot...

hi,
i would like to take test 316.how to prepare for that?
pls.... give me suggestions.thanx in advance. waiting for
u r reply.

Jiang

Congratulations for both of you.

Jackie, may I ask what's your background and experience.
It's really suprising that you passed 3 exams in 3 months
and I hope I can do it too.

BTW, did you use any books and/or test software for
preparing 315, 320, 316?

Jiang

TC

Jackie,

I just took the 70-229 exam and failed. I scored a 514
with a passing score of 700. What does that mean? How
close was it? Is a max 1000? Whatever.

How did you prepare for 316 and pass?
I read the Microsoft Press MCAD/MCSE/MCDBA SQL Server
2000 Self-Paced training kit and did all of the
exercises. I get all of the questions right on the
readiness review pre-test, and I paid for the MeasureUp
pre-test and get all of their questions right too.

I feel frustrated and like I've thrown away nearly $250
and now I can't even see why I missed the exam questions.

I don't want this to happen again and I still have all
three exams to go before I earn my MCAD.

Do you have any reccomendations?

Thanks,
TC

Mcad

Congratulation!

I just begin to study my MCAD. Could you share some good
web sites to prepare this certification?

Thank you!

Q: a simple(?) raw-utf-8 conversion to internal type unicode "\304\246\311\231\316\257\316\271\303\222" NevilleDNZ Python 1 01-01-2007 02:28 AM
072-316 versus 070-316 kingski MCSD 1 11-05-2004 02:09 PM
072-316 versus 070-316 Microsoft MCAD 0 11-05-2004 09:13 AM
70-316 & 70-316 Any Tips? Daren Hawes MCSD 1 02-23-2004 09:44 PM
just passed 70-316... General Protection Fault MCSD 15 12-16-2003 08:13 AM

Advertisments