Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Drop down list - Display only items

Drop down list - Display only items

Cleus

Is there a way to display read only values in a drop down listbox? Below is
an example of what I need displayed in the drop down list. The users should
only be able to select Item 1-9. Category A-C are just for
display/clarification purposes.

Category A
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
Category B
Item 4
Item 5
Item 6
Category C
Item 7
Item 8
Item 9

Thanks.

Craig Deelsnyder

Cleus wrote:

> Is there a way to display read only values in a drop down listbox? Below is
> an example of what I need displayed in the drop down list. The users should
> only be able to select Item 1-9. Category A-C are just for
> display/clarification purposes.
>
> Category A
> Item 1
> Item 2
> Item 3
> Category B
> Item 4
> Item 5
> Item 6
> Category C
> Item 7
> Item 8
> Item 9
>
> Thanks.

Not without some clientside scripting (or posting back each time)....why
not put the Category A in the first item:

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET