Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > C# Best Practice

C# Best Practice

Tony

Hi all

Can anybody refer me to some good Microsoft official
links that recommend good user interface design, naming
conventions for C# (such as camelCase, Hungarian notation
etc dealing with classes, methods, variables etc), and
also where to put code for certain things (ie do you
initialize form components in the form constructor, or
the Form Load event etc etc)?

This would be really benefical for me. Where does
everybody else find this information? Do they use their
own experience or are their obvious links that the books
I have read have not given me? The MSPress books give
recommendations on some things but not a definitive list.

Thanks

Jeff Foster

For naming guidelines you might find the following useful from MSDN

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...Guidelines.asp

jeff
news:f0cd01c3f1d0$2bdb74c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> Can anybody refer me to some good Microsoft official
> links that recommend good user interface design, naming
> conventions for C# (such as camelCase, Hungarian notation
> etc dealing with classes, methods, variables etc), and
> also where to put code for certain things (ie do you
> initialize form components in the form constructor, or
> the Form Load event etc etc)?
>
> This would be really benefical for me. Where does
> everybody else find this information? Do they use their
> own experience or are their obvious links that the books
> I have read have not given me? The MSPress books give
> recommendations on some things but not a definitive list.
>
> Thanks

Cindy Winegarden

In news: f0cd01c3f1d0$2bdb74c0$(E-Mail Removed),
Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can anybody refer me to some good Microsoft official
> links that recommend good user interface design, naming
> conventions for C# (such as camelCase, Hungarian notation
> etc dealing with classes, methods, variables etc), and
> also where to put code for certain things (ie do you
> initialize form components in the form constructor, or
> the Form Load event etc etc)?

For user interface design see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ml/welcome.asp.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com