Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Take exam/No course

Take exam/No course

David Peck

Do you know of anywhere - does anywhere exist - where you
can just take the MCAD exams without having to sit
through a vastly expensive training scheme?

Thanks

Dave

General Protection Fault

David Peck wrote:

> Do you know of anywhere - does anywhere exist - where you
> can just take the MCAD exams without having to sit
> through a vastly expensive training scheme?

www.vue.com or www.prometric.com

People that take courses/training are the exception, not the rule.

Eric

David Peck wrote:

> Do you know of anywhere - does anywhere exist - where you
> can just take the MCAD exams without having to sit
> through a vastly expensive training scheme?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Just buy some books and go through the examples.

Martin

I myself took three courses. These courses taught me (and costed my boss) a
lot, but they didn't help me pass the exams. I did pass the exams, but I've
done that by:
-working experience (+4 years SQL-Server, VB(.NET), C++, ASP, ASP.NET)
-addiction (since my father bought me that ZX Spectrum in 1984 I've only
been wondering how computers work)
- many many books (try some online library and read all books(e.g.24X7Books)
- practice a lot
- some luck.

Anyway, you can "just" take the exams, but please understand that taking an
exam is about testing your skills, not about making your CV look better.

with regards

"David Peck" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:1d4301c3e0e2$183282a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you know of anywhere - does anywhere exist - where you
> can just take the MCAD exams without having to sit
> through a vastly expensive training scheme?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Mahasen

If it takes some one 4years of experience to pass MCP.. how many hours per month did you work? 1~2?
I did exams with microsoft study guid with just 6 months experience and scored all above 950. No brain dumps or cheating.
and few of my friends did too. it's actually an easy exam to pass

Martin

Not mcp, mcsd ....anyway, I guess you've got more brains than I have.

"Mahasen" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If it takes some one 4years of experience to pass MCP.. how many hours per

month did you work? 1~2?
> I did exams with microsoft study guid with just 6 months experience and

scored all above 950. No brain dumps or cheating.
> and few of my friends did too. it's actually an easy exam to pass

Hermit Dave

well not entirely true... its all about focus...
plus the more hands on you have on a particular subject... the better you
are at it.
you can just go through the training material and would probably pass the
exams but you still dont know much bout real life situations...
okay there are always exceptions to every rule... maybe he's one of
those....

--
Regards,
HD
news:40118626$0$79385$(E-Mail Removed)...