Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > learn .NET?

learn .NET?

PramS

I am a recent graduate. It's hard to find a job so I have
started to learn .NET. My course work emphasized object
oriented languages such as C++ and Java. I want to get my
MCAD hoping it will land me a nice job. Even though I
don't have any work experience with .NET, is it a good
idea to get MCAD certification? Any feedback is gretly
appreciated.
Thanx in advance.
Pram

Hermit Dave

i would say... learn bout .net framework as such... yes you can give
certification.. and might help you with job hunt but it wont substitute real
experience...
try some freelance work... if you know your thing..... you will be fine...
trust me...i take the longest time when i am doing some project on some
thing i have never worked on before.. i change it 3 times over cause i am
learning at that point... i learn how to do something in a better way..
there are times when i find a good way from a newsgroup post (there are so
many nice souls around) so put something together if you need any help with
code you have newsgroups covering all areas of .net framework.....
and if you look at the right places... might get paid a bit as well....

Good luck....
--
Regards,
HD
"PramS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0d9d01c3dee9$802cc5f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am a recent graduate. It's hard to find a job so I have
> started to learn .NET. My course work emphasized object
> oriented languages such as C++ and Java. I want to get my
> MCAD hoping it will land me a nice job. Even though I
> don't have any work experience with .NET, is it a good
> idea to get MCAD certification? Any feedback is gretly
> appreciated.
> Thanx in advance.
> Pram

Kumar

HI Pram,
Mcad may not get you a job.. but it can surely get some
much needed confidence in your abilities.. By pursuing
certification.. you are not just improving your job
chances.. but also your knowledge in the so called hot
technologies.. Believe me..you would surely be much better
than just learning with out a proper goal.. By the way I
am also a recent graduate and pursuing mcad..

Eric

I'd say you should try to get an entry level position with a company
first. Put a bullet on your resume that shows you have an interest in
..NET.

While you're looking for a job (which should be your first priority),
you could be studying the Amit Kalani book on ASP.NET. It has a lot of
"hands on" exercises that will help you learn.

Thank you all for your great advice. I am gonna be looking
for a job and at the same time pursue MCAD certifications.

It might help to impress someone but passing the certs
does not mean you understand how to use the lang in the
real world. I have my MCAD but I also know how to
actually use the lang/framework. Practical knowledge will
help better when it comes time to do the real work in the
real world.