Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Visual Studio.NET installation

Visual Studio.NET installation

jessicajin2004@yahoo.com

Hey all:

After I installed it, I couldn't create a web project. It
complains about web server is not detected under the
virtual directory. Then I remember that I need to install
IIS in order to use VS.NET for web applications. But seems
that my Windows XP Home Edition doesn't come up with IIS,
since I can't find IIS using add/remove windows
components. So does anyone have the same problem or know
how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

JJ

You need XP pro or Win2000 - XP home won't work for web
apps or web services.

Thank you!

Eric

Whidbey will work on XP home. It comes with it's own web server (based
on Cassini from http://asp.net

You could start learning ASP.NET by using the free Web Matrix tool from
this web site.

Geetha

Hi
I had the same problem. I got Windows Xp Pro Upgrade and
installed in my XP home edition. It's fine and IIS is
running without any problem. Better to get that one.
Thanks

Eric

I didn't know there was an upgrade to XP Pro. I agree that it would be
the best choice. IIS is the Web server you need to know for production,
so you should learn with it, also.