Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > server unavailable error message

server unavailable error message

shahzad

i get thius error msg when i run my aspx page
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this
web server is currently unavailable. Please hit
the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your
request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause
of this specific request failure can be found in the
application event log of the web server. Please review
this log entry to discover what caused this error to
occur.
and when i viwew evernt log
i see the following msg:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1084
Date: 10/27/2003
Time: 9:19:58 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SHAHZADPC
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the
failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the
worker process account has insufficient rights to read
the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET
Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the
installation directory allow access to the configured
account.

wat shud i do
it was woeking well previously,suddenly this error has
started teasing me

Saravana [MVP]

check out this faq
http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/FA...available.aspx

--
Saravana
Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

"shahzad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:048701c39c41$c0886f40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i get thius error msg when i run my aspx page
> Server Application Unavailable
> The web application you are attempting to access on this
> web server is currently unavailable. Please hit
> the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your
> request.
>
> Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause
> of this specific request failure can be found in the
> application event log of the web server. Please review
> this log entry to discover what caused this error to
> occur.
> and when i viwew evernt log
> i see the following msg:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1084
> Date: 10/27/2003
> Time: 9:19:58 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SHAHZADPC
> aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the
> failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the
> worker process account has insufficient rights to read
> the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET
> Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the
> installation directory allow access to the configured
> account.
>
> wat shud i do
> it was woeking well previously,suddenly this error has
> started teasing me

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Did you recently apply an IE security update to XP?

http://www.asp.net/faq/ms03-32-Issue.aspx

"shahzad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:048701c39c41$c0886f40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i get thius error msg when i run my aspx page
> Server Application Unavailable
> The web application you are attempting to access on this
> web server is currently unavailable. Please hit
> the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your
> request.
>
> Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause
> of this specific request failure can be found in the
> application event log of the web server. Please review
> this log entry to discover what caused this error to
> occur.
> and when i viwew evernt log
> i see the following msg:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1084
> Date: 10/27/2003
> Time: 9:19:58 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SHAHZADPC
> aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the
> failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the
> worker process account has insufficient rights to read
> the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET
> Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the
> installation directory allow access to the configured
> account.
>
> wat shud i do
> it was woeking well previously,suddenly this error has
> started teasing me

i have made the changes but im still geting the smae msg
i have win2K profesional wid VS.net 2003
plz temme how can i remove asp.net
i want to reinstall it
i have reinstalled the vs.net
but there is nothing different
i have tried ur articles as well

shahzad

i have fixed it by garace of ALLAH
ihave done the following steps
1)create accnt named aspdemo
2)added this users group
3)gave it "log on as batch job" right
4)add this accnt and passowrd in processmodel section of
machine.config file
5)restarted the PC
u always restart ur machine ater making changes in
machine.config in order for these changes to be efective