Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-316 study advice

70-316 study advice

BFlaherty

I have thouroughly studied numerous books to prepare for the 70-316
exam, for my money Kalani's book is the best, and I have contacted the
author several times with questions about the book, and he responds
quickly. I easily pass the transcender exams for this test, as well as
preplogic, and measure up test exams (although I think that measure up
sucks, and transcender is great). I want to make sure that I pass the
test on the first try. Can anyone tell me if the braindump products
actually help? Can anyone let me know offline their experiences with
using braindumps, and what ones if any would be worth my time?

Thanks,
Bill

On 27 Dec 2003 10:53:50 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (BFlaherty)
wrote:

>I have thouroughly studied numerous books to prepare for the 70-316
>exam, for my money Kalani's book is the best, and I have contacted the
>author several times with questions about the book, and he responds
>quickly. I easily pass the transcender exams for this test, as well as
>preplogic, and measure up test exams (although I think that measure up
>sucks, and transcender is great). I want to make sure that I pass the
>test on the first try.

No doubt there.. the tests aint cheap.

>Can anyone tell me if the braindump products
>actually help? Can anyone let me know offline their experiences with
>using braindumps, and what ones if any would be worth my time?
>
>Thanks,
>Bill

Mike Phelps at Microsoft is the man you need to ask about this...
write him at (E-Mail Removed)

Hermit Dave

LOL

"|{evin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 27 Dec 2003 10:53:50 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (BFlaherty)
> wrote:
>
> >I have thouroughly studied numerous books to prepare for the 70-316
> >exam, for my money Kalani's book is the best, and I have contacted the
> >author several times with questions about the book, and he responds
> >quickly. I easily pass the transcender exams for this test, as well as
> >preplogic, and measure up test exams (although I think that measure up
> >sucks, and transcender is great). I want to make sure that I pass the
> >test on the first try.

> No doubt there.. the tests aint cheap.
>
> >Can anyone tell me if the braindump products
> >actually help? Can anyone let me know offline their experiences with
> >using braindumps, and what ones if any would be worth my time?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Bill

> Mike Phelps at Microsoft is the man you need to ask about this...
> write him at (E-Mail Removed)

Eric

I think you're ready now. Stop delaying your future. Go for it!

Eric

techie

I want to learn vc# in the new year but I haven't used .NET yet. Can I use
Kalani's books to learn it (as I want to take the exams too) or do I have to
use a beginners book first?

"BFlaherty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have thouroughly studied numerous books to prepare for the 70-316
> exam, for my money Kalani's book is the best, and I have contacted the
> author several times with questions about the book, and he responds
> quickly. I easily pass the transcender exams for this test, as well as
> preplogic, and measure up test exams (although I think that measure up
> sucks, and transcender is great). I want to make sure that I pass the
> test on the first try. Can anyone tell me if the braindump products
> actually help? Can anyone let me know offline their experiences with
> using braindumps, and what ones if any would be worth my time?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Kline Sphere

>I want to learn vc# in the new year but I haven't used .NET yet. Can I use
>Kalani's books to learn it (as I want to take the exams too) or do I have to
>use a beginners book first?

What do you actually know? If you don't understand oop, get a primer
on oop first, before embarking on learning c# (or any other oop
language).

techie

I'm a vc++ programmer and passed 70-016. I know about oop.

"Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I want to learn vc# in the new year but I haven't used .NET yet. Can I

use
> >Kalani's books to learn it (as I want to take the exams too) or do I have

> >use a beginners book first?

> What do you actually know? If you don't understand oop, get a primer
> on oop first, before embarking on learning c# (or any other oop
> language).

Bruno van Dooren

in that case just go with a self paced training kit (is used microsoft's.
don't know the kalani books).
i also used microsoft curriculum 2555a. this touches on a few topics that
the self paced book didn't talk about.
MSDN is good for in depth info about several topics.

then go for the exam.
you can test your skills at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/as...nt/default.asp
if you pass those (for the topic that you want to take exam for of course)
you should be able to pass the actual exam without too much problems.

kind regards,
Bruno.

"techie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm a vc++ programmer and passed 70-016. I know about oop.
>

> "Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I want to learn vc# in the new year but I haven't used .NET yet. Can I

> use
> > >Kalani's books to learn it (as I want to take the exams too) or do I

have
> > >use a beginners book first?

> > What do you actually know? If you don't understand oop, get a primer
> > on oop first, before embarking on learning c# (or any other oop
> > language).

Kline Sphere

>I'm a vc++ programmer and passed 70-016. I know about oop.

In that case a 'beginners' book would be a waste of time.

You'll find c# a breeze to learn.

techie

Thanks. I'll probably buy Kalani's books and work through them. Do they
have labs like the MS Press books?