Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Detecting Floppy Drive

Detecting Floppy Drive

Gupta

I have two operating systems,
1.Windows 98
2. Linux

when iam operating Linux operating system the floppy drive
will not be access.

what is the problem in these operating systems

if any probelm is there please to bring to the notice of
my e-id: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Martin

Did you try
mount /dev/fd0 /mount/floppy ?

"Gupta" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:071901c3ca12$923d9f80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have two operating systems,
> 1.Windows 98
> 2. Linux
>
> when iam operating Linux operating system the floppy drive
> will not be access.
>
> what is the problem in these operating systems
>
> if any probelm is there please to bring to the notice of
> my e-id: (E-Mail Removed)

Bruno van Dooren

i am not trying to annoy you, but:

1) did you watch too many 007 movies?
2) gupta would know the answer to such a simple question.
3) asking a linux question on a microsoft certification forum? how did you
end up here?
4) the problem is not the operating system. read yourself an introduction to
linux.
5) the answer to your question is 'mount /dev/fd0 /mount/floppy'
6) do not forget to unmount before removing the floppy. 'umount
/mount/floppy'
7) see (4)

kind regards,
Bruno.