Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > MCAD Question

MCAD Question

Jody

is the official title of this mcad certification:
MCAD for Microsoft .NET Certification or just MCAD
Certification?

Cindy Winegarden

In news: 010401c3c589$d41456c0$(E-Mail Removed),
Jody <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> is the official title of this mcad certification:
> MCAD for Microsoft .NET Certification or just MCAD
> Certification?

Hi Jody,

From http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/compare.asp, it looks like
it's "MCAD for Microsoft .NET ."

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

Mas Jabier

Or simply you can just put MCAD.Net next to your name.

Rgds,

Jody Ananda,MCAD.Net,MCSD.Net

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/compare.asp, it
looks like
>it's "MCAD for Microsoft .NET ."
>
>--
>Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
>(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com
>

>.

But as there is only one MCAD what else could it be
but .NET ?

If you read the guidlines then once you attain MCSD then
that is the only cert you should display, not MCAD as
well ! MCAD is a stepping stone qualification for those
who may not be solution architects but still develop
applications.

pedant

MCSD.NET and MCAD.NET are NOT legal name suffixes. Legally
you are only allowed to put certain suffixes against your
name, such as BSc for a degree, phD, etc.

Putting an illegal suffix against your name is as bad as
using an illegal prefix, like Prof, or Dr.

Don't do it!!!!

Eur Ing Pedant MEng CEng MIEE MCAD.Net MCSD.Net (whoops)

Cindy Winegarden

In news: 09e101c3c611$2429f8e0$(E-Mail Removed),
pedant <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> .... NOT legal name suffixes. Legally
> you are only allowed to put certain suffixes against your
> name, such as BSc for a degree, phD, etc.

Ultimately, we're not representing anything legal like a license to
"practice" IT; we're just providing more information about ourselves.

I've never heard any type of "rules" about what's legal or not other than in
some states you can't have a job title such as Software Engineer since
engineer is reserved for licensed engineers (PE in my state.) Also, in some
states licensed therapists and social workers are _required_ to include the
alphabet soop after their names.

Can you point to a web resource that tells what's "legal" and what's not?

(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

Bruno van Dooren

but you can put it on your business card as a mark of skill.
then it is not a name suffix.

besides, i can call myself a senior vice duke of engineering if i want to.

kind regards,
Bruno.

"pedant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09e101c3c611$2429f8e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> MCSD.NET and MCAD.NET are NOT legal name suffixes. Legally
> you are only allowed to put certain suffixes against your
> name, such as BSc for a degree, phD, etc.
>
> Putting an illegal suffix against your name is as bad as
> using an illegal prefix, like Prof, or Dr.
>
> Don't do it!!!!
>
> Eur Ing Pedant MEng CEng MIEE MCAD.Net MCSD.Net (whoops)

Bruno van Dooren

there is MCAD to indicate that you got your certs in VS6, and there is MCAD
..NET to indicate that you got your skills in VS .NET.

kind regards,
Bruno.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:027d01c3c610$505aa500$(E-Mail Removed)...

> But as there is only one MCAD what else could it be
> but .NET ?
>
> If you read the guidlines then once you attain MCSD then
> that is the only cert you should display, not MCAD as
> well ! MCAD is a stepping stone qualification for those
> who may not be solution architects but still develop
> applications.

Cindy Winegarden

In news: (E-Mail Removed),
Bruno van Dooren <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> there is MCAD to indicate that you got your certs in VS6,

Um, I assume that's a typo and you meant MCSD for VS6. MCAD is new for
VS.NET.

(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

Mas Jabier

Refer to
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...ss/default.asp
to read the success stories, or just read embury's
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...ess/embury.asp.

Internally, we know that MCSD should be also MCAD, and a
MCT should have get one of this credentials MCSD,MCDBA or
MCSE.

But remember, this is just to show what certifications
have earned for that MCP.

Regards,

Jody Ananda
MCAD.NET,MCSD.NET

MCAD examm question =?Utf-8?B?T3Jlbg==?= Microsoft Certification 1 11-16-2006 03:32 PM
MCAD exam question Wee Bubba ASP .Net 4 07-27-2004 10:04 PM
MCAD question deby MCAD 1 06-25-2004 11:45 AM
MCAD 70-315 question Notre Iglesias MCAD 1 04-21-2004 07:46 PM
Re: MCAD .net title question Kline Sphere MCSD 0 06-30-2003 10:17 AM

Advertisments