Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Expected Time Frame

Expected Time Frame

mws

I am just starting to learn .NET and am beginning to use
Visual Studio at work with VB. I have about 1 1/2 years
experience as a Systems Analyst but mostly work with
databases (sql serer 2000) and have done a little work
with web development in asp and vb script. I want to get
my MCAD but am not sure what a realistic time frame is for
learning this info and passing the exams. I need to give
my boss a schedule....any suggestions or estimated time
frames out there or that anyone has heard of??

Cindy Winegarden

In news: 001b01c3c581$bc9a0790$(E-Mail Removed),
mws <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am just starting to learn .NET .... I want to get
> my MCAD but am not sure what a realistic time frame is for
> learning this info and passing the exams. I need to give
> my boss a schedule....any suggestions or estimated time
> frames out there or that anyone has heard of??

Hi MWS,

From what I hear the exams are oriented toward developers with about two
year's on-the-job experience using the technology in question.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

Bob The Builder

Maybe you could take to 229 exam first as you already have
experience with SQL Server. Once you have cut your teeth
on this, you could look at the others as you get .NET
experience.

I would think after 6 to 12 months experience with .NET
you could easily take tow of the .NET exams. Exactly which
ones would depend on which areas you have gained
experience in (i.e. if you have been doing mostly web
stuff go for the AS~.NET exam)

General Protection Fault

mws wrote:

> I am just starting to learn .NET and am beginning to use
> Visual Studio at work with VB. I have about 1 1/2 years
> experience as a Systems Analyst but mostly work with
> databases (sql serer 2000) and have done a little work
> with web development in asp and vb script. I want to get
> my MCAD but am not sure what a realistic time frame is for
> learning this info and passing the exams. I need to give
> my boss a schedule....any suggestions or estimated time
> frames out there or that anyone has heard of??

If you are just starting to use .NET I don't think a certification
should be your first priority.