Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > Few questions 70-316

Reply
Thread Tools

Few questions 70-316

 
 
vivek
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2003
Hi

I am dont know the answeres for the following questions ..can any one help
--------------------------------------------------------
You use Visual Studio .NET to develop a Microsoft Windows-based application.
Your application contains a form named CustomerForm to enter time sheet
entries for a law firm. At design time you set the DataBindings properties
of each TextBox control to the appropriate column in the DataTable object of
CustomerDataSet. When the application runs, users must be able to edit the
information displayed in the text boxes. All user changes must be saved to
the appropriate database when saveButton is executed. The event handler for
btnSave includes the following code segment:

DataAdapter.Update(CustomerDataSet)

You application fails to work correctly. BtnSave fails to save any values
edited in the text boxes.

You need to correct this problem.

What should your application do?

a. Call the InsertCommand method of the DataAdapter.
b. Before calling the Update method, ensure that a row position change
occurs in CustomerDataSet.
c. Reestablish the database connection by calling the Open method of the
Connection.
d. CALL THE Update method of the DataAdapter and pass in the Connection.
------------------------------------------------------------------

You create a component named ValidateValidUser to verify if the user is a
valid customer. This component includes a method named
AcceptValidateValidUser, which tries to process new user ValidateValidUsers
for services. AcceptValidateValidUser calls a private function named
Validate.

You must ensure that any exceptions encountered by Validate are bubbled up
to the parent form of ValidateValidUser. The parent form will then be
responsible for handling the exceptions. You want to accomplish this goal by
writing the minimum amount of code.

What should you do?

a. Use the following code segment in AcceptValidateValidUser:
Me.Validate()
b. Use the following code segment in AcceptValidateValidUser:
Try
Me.Validate()
Catch ex As Exception
Throw ex
End Try

---------------------------------------------------------------


What is a stop statment in Visual Basic ???? Does C# have something similar
?


vivek




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
galtulsa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003
For the first question check
http://authors.aspalliance.com/aspxt...et/updatingdat
abasewithdataadapterdataset.aspx

The second question the answer is B

>-----Original Message-----
>Hi
>
>I am dont know the answeres for the following

questions ..can any one help
>--------------------------------------------------------
>You use Visual Studio .NET to develop a Microsoft Windows-

based application.
>Your application contains a form named CustomerForm to

enter time sheet
>entries for a law firm. At design time you set the

DataBindings properties
>of each TextBox control to the appropriate column in the

DataTable object of
>CustomerDataSet. When the application runs, users must be

able to edit the
>information displayed in the text boxes. All user changes

must be saved to
>the appropriate database when saveButton is executed. The

event handler for
>btnSave includes the following code segment:
>
>DataAdapter.Update(CustomerDataSet)
>
>You application fails to work correctly. BtnSave fails to

save any values
>edited in the text boxes.
>
>You need to correct this problem.
>
>What should your application do?
>
>a. Call the InsertCommand method of the DataAdapter.
>b. Before calling the Update method, ensure that a row

position change
>occurs in CustomerDataSet.
>c. Reestablish the database connection by calling the

Open method of the
>Connection.
>d. CALL THE Update method of the DataAdapter and pass in

the Connection.
>----------------------------------------------------------

--------
>
>You create a component named ValidateValidUser to verify

if the user is a
>valid customer. This component includes a method named
>AcceptValidateValidUser, which tries to process new user

ValidateValidUsers
>for services. AcceptValidateValidUser calls a private

function named
>Validate.
>
>You must ensure that any exceptions encountered by

Validate are bubbled up
>to the parent form of ValidateValidUser. The parent form

will then be
>responsible for handling the exceptions. You want to

accomplish this goal by
>writing the minimum amount of code.
>
>What should you do?
>
>a. Use the following code segment in

AcceptValidateValidUser:
>Me.Validate()
>b. Use the following code segment in

AcceptValidateValidUser:
>Try
>Me.Validate()
>Catch ex As Exception
>Throw ex
>End Try
>
>----------------------------------------------------------

-----
>
>
>What is a stop statment in Visual Basic ???? Does C# have

something similar
>?
>
>
>vivek
>
>
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
kumar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003
The answer to the second question is not B, coz wht it is
doing is the same thing as wht would happen with the
choice A, coz if u dont handle an exception it bubbles up
automatically to the calling code, thts how sometimes u
get the exception warnings from the CLR, in the cases
when your code throws an exception and you dont catch. So
in tht case, the exception bubbles up heirarchically and
at the end reaches the CLR, which invokes your program
and there its handled by showing a message to the user..

So the answer is A, it achieves the required
functionality with the minimum code..


>-----Original Message-----
>For the first question check
>http://authors.aspalliance.com/aspxt...onet/updatingd

at
>abasewithdataadapterdataset.aspx
>
>The second question the answer is B
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Hi
>>
>>I am dont know the answeres for the following

>questions ..can any one help
>>--------------------------------------------------------
>>You use Visual Studio .NET to develop a Microsoft

Windows-
>based application.
>>Your application contains a form named CustomerForm to

>enter time sheet
>>entries for a law firm. At design time you set the

>DataBindings properties
>>of each TextBox control to the appropriate column in

the
>DataTable object of
>>CustomerDataSet. When the application runs, users must

be
>able to edit the
>>information displayed in the text boxes. All user

changes
>must be saved to
>>the appropriate database when saveButton is executed.

The
>event handler for
>>btnSave includes the following code segment:
>>
>>DataAdapter.Update(CustomerDataSet)
>>
>>You application fails to work correctly. BtnSave fails

to
>save any values
>>edited in the text boxes.
>>
>>You need to correct this problem.
>>
>>What should your application do?
>>
>>a. Call the InsertCommand method of the DataAdapter.
>>b. Before calling the Update method, ensure that a row

>position change
>>occurs in CustomerDataSet.
>>c. Reestablish the database connection by calling the

>Open method of the
>>Connection.
>>d. CALL THE Update method of the DataAdapter and pass

in
>the Connection.
>>--------------------------------------------------------

--
>--------
>>
>>You create a component named ValidateValidUser to

verify
>if the user is a
>>valid customer. This component includes a method named
>>AcceptValidateValidUser, which tries to process new

user
>ValidateValidUsers
>>for services. AcceptValidateValidUser calls a private

>function named
>>Validate.
>>
>>You must ensure that any exceptions encountered by

>Validate are bubbled up
>>to the parent form of ValidateValidUser. The parent

form
>will then be
>>responsible for handling the exceptions. You want to

>accomplish this goal by
>>writing the minimum amount of code.
>>
>>What should you do?
>>
>>a. Use the following code segment in

>AcceptValidateValidUser:
>>Me.Validate()
>>b. Use the following code segment in

>AcceptValidateValidUser:
>>Try
>>Me.Validate()
>>Catch ex As Exception
>>Throw ex
>>End Try
>>
>>--------------------------------------------------------

--
>-----
>>
>>
>>What is a stop statment in Visual Basic ???? Does C#

have
>something similar
>>?
>>
>>
>>vivek
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>.
>>

>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet connects for a few seconds then disconnects for a few sec Cody Wireless Networking 2 06-28-2009 08:24 PM
Few Questions (HW questions already answered by me) padh.ayo@gmail.com C Programming 10 12-06-2006 05:48 PM
To delete few lines and add few lines at the end of a text file using c program Murali C++ 2 03-09-2006 04:45 PM
a few wireless questions.... =?Utf-8?B?Tmlo?= Wireless Networking 1 12-30-2004 05:25 AM
Re: a few newbie questions Keith Bowes Firefox 1 04-17-2004 03:45 AM



Advertisments