Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > MCSD C# and VB tracks

Reply
Thread Tools

MCSD C# and VB tracks

 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-10-2003
Hello I got what some might think is a really dum
question. My understanding is that with Microsoft
certifications you add the version number with the cert.
For example MCSENT MCSE2000 MCSE 2003 ect.
Anyway with the MCAD and MCSD is there a cert for each
lang or just one?
I thought there was MCAD VB and a MCADC# then the same
for the MCSD but I was told by some people that there is
no diference and that you do not put the VB or C# labal
on the cert.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003
There are separate tests for VB and C#, but the tests are very
similar. The only real difference is the syntax used in the code
segments.

The tests are not really focusing on language features. They are
designed to test your ability to use the language with the 3 core
areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web Services and Remoting.

If you can pass a VB.NET test (like 70-305), I think you can pass the
equivalent C# test (70-315), and vice-versa.

Eric
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003

>-----*ʼϢ-----
>Hello I got what some might think is a really dum
>question. My understanding is that with Microsoft
>certifications you add the version number with the cert.
>For example MCSENT MCSE2000 MCSE 2003 ect.
> Anyway with the MCAD and MCSD is there a cert for each
>lang or just one?
> I thought there was MCAD VB and a MCADC# then the

same
>for the MCSD but I was told by some people that there is
>no diference and that you do not put the VB or C# labal
>on the cert.
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003

> They are
>designed to test your ability to use the language with

the 3 core
>areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web Services

and Remoting.

Isn't that 4 ?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Yahoo496
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003
Looks like 4 but are really 3, if you wanna read .

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0b5f01c3c0a5$cedc0b50$(E-Mail Removed)...

> They are
>designed to test your ability to use the language with

the 3 core
>areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web Services

and Remoting.

Isn't that 4 ?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003

& what would you have me read ?

Lord of the Rings is a book I have always enjoyed )


>-----Original Message-----
>Looks like 4 but are really 3, if you wanna read .
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:0b5f01c3c0a5$cedc0b50$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> They are
>>designed to test your ability to use the language with

>the 3 core
>>areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web Services

>and Remoting.
>
>Isn't that 4 ?
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Yahoo496
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003
read again "...with the 3 core areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web
Services and Remoting."
Let's divide the sentence for you:
1 - Windows forms,
2 - Web Forms,
3 - Web Services and Remoting

I bought Lord of the Rings trilogy, too. And yes there were 4 books, nothing
is perfect . The forth one was "The Hobbit".

In our case you can say that the forth core area could be the SQL Server

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0aef01c3c0c7$2b4bd200$(E-Mail Removed)...

& what would you have me read ?

Lord of the Rings is a book I have always enjoyed )


>-----Original Message-----
>Looks like 4 but are really 3, if you wanna read .
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:0b5f01c3c0a5$cedc0b50$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> They are
>>designed to test your ability to use the language with

>the 3 core
>>areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web Services

>and Remoting.
>
>Isn't that 4 ?
>
>
>.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003
>read again "...with the 3 core areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms, Web
>Services and Remoting."
>Let's divide the sentence for you:
>1 - Windows forms,
>2 - Web Forms,
>3 - Web Services and Remoting


Remoting and Web Services are similar (from a functional point of
view), so they are tested together in one test.

VB.NET
1 = test 70-306
2 = test 70-305
3 = test 70-310

C#
1 = test 70-316
2 = test 70-315
3 = test 70-320

The SQL Server Database Design test (this is the most popular test of
the avail choices for MCAD): 70-229

To get MCAD, most of us take test 1 or 2 (either 1 or 2), test 3, and
70-229. For MCSD, you will normally take tests 1 through 3, 70-229,
and 70-300.

Eric
 
Reply With Quote
 
Yahoo496
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003
You are a little wrong.

You can take:
1 = test 70-306 or 70-316
2 = test 70-305 or 70-315
3 = test 70-310 or 70-320
and become a MCAD.

Of course you can substitute #1 or #2 with test 070-229 with the same
result.
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...quirements.asp

<Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>read again "...with the 3 core areas of .NET: Windows forms, Web Forms,

Web
>Services and Remoting."
>Let's divide the sentence for you:
>1 - Windows forms,
>2 - Web Forms,
>3 - Web Services and Remoting


Remoting and Web Services are similar (from a functional point of
view), so they are tested together in one test.

VB.NET
1 = test 70-306
2 = test 70-305
3 = test 70-310

C#
1 = test 70-316
2 = test 70-315
3 = test 70-320

The SQL Server Database Design test (this is the most popular test of
the avail choices for MCAD): 70-229

To get MCAD, most of us take test 1 or 2 (either 1 or 2), test 3, and
70-229. For MCSD, you will normally take tests 1 through 3, 70-229,
and 70-300.

Eric


 
Reply With Quote
 
Geoff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-16-2003

>-----Original Message-----
>Remoting and Web Services are similar (from a functional

point of
>view), so they are tested together in one test.


Yes, similar cos Web Services are built on top of
Remoting and so a further extension of it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Route from MCSD TO MCSD.NET and beyond =?Utf-8?B?ZXplZ2V0LmNvbQ==?= MCSD 1 07-26-2007 03:56 PM
MCP Certification and the new certification tracks =?Utf-8?B?cm9oYW4=?= Microsoft Certification 2 10-29-2006 05:17 PM
How do I copy music tracks off a CD and attach to an email in WinXP? Jamie Kahn Genet NZ Computing 6 09-24-2004 12:36 AM
splitting mp3 tracks Pompey Computer Support 2 11-05-2003 11:57 AM
Cert Exams - Core and Elective on different tracks? Martin Schmid Microsoft Certification 1 07-12-2003 01:28 PM



Advertisments