Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > study materials for 70-229

study materials for 70-229

General Protection Fault

Can anyone recommend a study guide for 70-229? I'm currently using SQL
Server Books Online and Inside SQL Server 2000, but I'm not enjoying
jumping around from topic to topic.

I used one of those red ExamCram books when I wrote 70-029, but there
isn't one for 70-229.

All the reviews I've read for 70-229 books on Amazon.com say there's
incomplete and generally poor.

Thanks!

Sharon

There is a Exam Cram book for 70-229. I used it.

General Protection Fault

Sharon wrote:
> There is a Exam Cram book for 70-229. I used it.

Would you mind posting the ISBN? I can't find it on Chapters or Amazon.

Thanks!

Eric

>All the reviews I've read for 70-229 books on Amazon.com say there's
>incomplete and generally poor.

This is true, but poor is better than nothing!

I'm using the Sybex book right now (by Marc Israel). It's clearly not
in the same league as the Kalani books.

There's a good interactive CDROM for learning the older 70-029. That
is still available from Amazon from their third party companies for
under $10: Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Database Implementation Online
Training Kit: McSe Training for Exam 70-029 (It-Online Training Kit)

After using this, you only need to study the new features added in SQL
Server 2000.

Eric

sharon

ISBN 1-58880-034-2

Try examcram.com

General Protection Fault

sharon wrote:
> ISBN 1-58880-034-2

Hmmm, Chapters.indigo.ca says the publisher itself has no stock, and
Amazon has never heard of it.

Have you got a URL? Couldn't find it on examcram.com either.

I don't have a url. I bought the book at Books-A-Million a
year or so ago. The authors are Richard Alan McMahon, Sr.
and Sean Chase. Publisher The Coriolis Group of
ScottsDale, Arizona. Phone 480.483.0192, Fax 480.483.0193,
www.coriolis.com. It is a MCSE prep book. The exact title
is "SQL Server 2000 Database Design". Hope this helps!

Geoff

Coriolis shut up shop some time ago.
Que bought the rights to the Exam Cram series

http://www.informit.com/examcram2/index.asp

But I don't know if they are re-producing any of the
previous titles. Your best bet might be Amazon, they show
it if you do a search on 70-229.

Geoff