Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCAD > 70-315 A. Kalani Book has error(s) not listed in the errata???

70-315 A. Kalani Book has error(s) not listed in the errata???

jqpdev

Hello all,

I grabbed the training guide book 70-315 by Amit Kanali, published by Que.
I downloaded the book errata from the publishers website. On pg. 115 Kalani
lists a javascript function that is supposed to display and javascript
alert. However, the parameters sent to the alert function are incorrect.
Here is what Kalani sends to the alert function:

document.StepByStep2_3.txtName.value +
", thank you for subscribing to " +
document.StepByStep2_3.ddlNewsletter.value);

The statements above are attempting to access the DOM heirarchy and are
incorrect. I check the errata PDF file and there is no mention of this. I
was able to figure it out using intellisense, but as a c# newb is can be
quite confusing/frustrating. I was able to get rid of the javascript errors
by changing the above to:

alert( document.Form1.txtName.value +
", thank you for subscribing to " +
document.Form1.ddlNewsletter.value );

Has anyone come across other such instances?

General Protection Fault

jqpdev wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I grabbed the training guide book 70-315 by Amit Kanali, published by Que.
> I downloaded the book errata from the publishers website. On pg. 115 Kalani
> lists a javascript function that is supposed to display and javascript
> alert. However, the parameters sent to the alert function are incorrect.
> Here is what Kalani sends to the alert function:
>
> document.StepByStep2_3.txtName.value +
> ", thank you for subscribing to " +
> document.StepByStep2_3.ddlNewsletter.value);
>
> The statements above are attempting to access the DOM heirarchy and are
> incorrect. I check the errata PDF file and there is no mention of this. I
> was able to figure it out using intellisense, but as a c# newb is can be
> quite confusing/frustrating. I was able to get rid of the javascript errors
> by changing the above to:
>
> alert( document.Form1.txtName.value +
> ", thank you for subscribing to " +
> document.Form1.ddlNewsletter.value );
>
> Has anyone come across other such instances?

This would have happened if you renamed the default project form as
opposed to creating a new one.